1 day old McLaren P1 wrecked in Dallas - owner is 27.

I'll bet mommy and daddy are regretting that decision. Then again to the people who can actually afford those cars a million wasted isn't too much of a problem. Either way it's sad and pathetic.

How do you know it has anything to do with his Parents or their money? There are quite a few 27-ish year olds with enough money to buy this Car. It's not like 27 is a spring chicken or anything. I do agree that it's frustrating that there are self-made millionaires that are younger than I am.

Although, I agree it's probably his Parent's money.

He didnt lose a million - but the value of the car is toast - not sure who insurance was - but Lloyds doesnt over insure like they used to.

Most would be floored at how hard and expensive it is to insure a car like this. You don't just call up State Farm and they say sure..

He wouldn't have lost a mil, but the insurance payment, and the deductible, he lost enough to pay for more than one decent car..

Maybe more if the investigation shows it was reckless driving that lead to this.. which based on the damage to both sides, is likely..

And all those muscle cars put together would still be slower than a P1

not to mention the crazy aerodynamics of the P1 - it is ridiculously fast hypercar that is fast in a straight line, AND is very fast around the corners ;)

muscle cars vs. P1/918/La Ferrari is comparing apples to oranges folks...

How do you know it has anything to do with his Parents or their money? There are quite a few 27-ish year olds with enough money to buy this Car. It's not like 27 is a spring chicken or anything. I do agree that it's frustrating that there are self-made millionaires that are younger than I am.

Although, I agree it's probably his Parent's money.

Just gonna guess that anyone smart enough to be able to afford a car like that by the time they are 27 is not stupid enough to crash it nearly immediately after buying it.

Just gonna guess that anyone smart enough to be able to afford a car like that by the time they are 27 is not stupid enough to crash it nearly immediately after buying it.

Never underestimate stupidity, it does not discriminate against rich or poor.

A 27 year old that can afford a McLaren P1 and crashes it to boot? Sounds like a rich trustfund baby with no concept of responsibility.

Or could just be a kid with wealthy parents and he cant drive very well and made a mistake.

haha that is what you get

Not sure what you mean ?  Are you saying he deserved to wreck ? 

Sounds like jealousy to the point of being glad bad things come to people who have more.

In that part of town are very wealthy people.  It is considered the "Old money" part of Dallas.  Oil money, investments, tech - it is near Strait La whose nickname is "Billionaire Row" - a street with no less than 4 billionaires living on it.

Chances are his parents paid for it - so what ?  If they have a ton of money - should they get something that everyone else has ?  It could be that a million dollars to that family is the same as all of you buying a Honda. 

Everything is relative.