The Browser Choice Screen is dead

18 members have voted

1. 1. How did you feel about the Browser Ballot Screen?

• I got the update, and it was probably the most stupid idea ever
    • I got the update, but I feel indifferent about it
    • I got the update, and I loved it
    • I didn't got the update, but hated it anyway
    • I didn't got the update, but they should have released it in my region too

so your analogy would be: you go to the butchers but then need bread so you go to bakery, but then you need vegetables so you walk 30mins till you are outside the city where they have markets selling veggies and so on.

at the end you have spent about 3 hours shopping, spent more money than you would have done by just going to supermarket buying everything and spending only half an hour. 

Your analogy related to the web browser thing fails when you consider that there are dozens of built-in apps in Windows, and for everything to be treated equally, you have to offer alternatives to all of them, even though the user might never use them.

The whole browser ballout was crap from the beginning, same with the editions in Europe not having built-in multimedia features that no sane retailer sells.

I had no love for it. I wanted to return a book, however the browser ballot screen had broken every self service terminal in the library back when I was at uni.

3027z8l.jpg