Desktop background craziness...

Okay, so I have my desktop PC and I have a folder in drive D: with desktop background in 2560x1440, I'm login in my PC with a Microsoft account (@outlook.com).  On a laptop, using the same account, I also have a folder with desktop background but not at the same resolution.

The thing is, in all it's sharing glory and roaming profile (or whatever), Windows does not keep the desktop background setting, it default to taking pictures from the "RoamedThemeFiles".  If I change it on my laptop, it changes it on my desktop and vice versa.  Can't seem to be able to stop that roaming.

Is there a way to stop this "roaming" from happening?

I'm assuming you're using Windows 8 for this as I don't believe any other windows OS does this due to OneDrive being integrated with Windows to sync settings between PC's.

To stop the syncing between the PC's you need to pull up the charms bar, go to settings and then "Change PC Settings" at the bottom.

You'll be brought to a new window with options on the left. Go to OneDrive and then Sync settings.

post-44675-0-16903000-1419255729.png

Change the Desktop personalisation to off and your theme (or background in your case as nothing else is different) syncing should stop.