PlayStation Now Coming To Samsung Smart TV's in 2015

Sony Computer Entertainment and Samsung Electronics are partnering to bring game streaming to Smart TV's in the first half of 2015, Sony announced today. The PlayStation Now service, which will allow TV owners to play hundreds of PlayStation 3 games streamed from the cloud, will be an app included in Samsung's Smart Hub. Games will be played using a Dualshock 4 controller, which will be sold separately.

The TV version of PlayStation now allows players to earn in-game trophies, and play online with other players, although it isn't known it they too must be using the TV version or if they can be on a PlayStation 3 or 4. All game saves are uploaded and downloaded from the cloud.

Attendees at CES 2015 will be able to get their hands on the Samsung Smart TVs with PlayStation Now built in. No other details regarding game prices or the library were given at this time.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/12/23/playstation-now-coming-to-samsung-smart-tv-39-s-in-2015.aspx

• Like 3

This is pretty cool. If they get the pricing right I think there could be a rather large market for this. People that don't play enough to warrant getting a console, but have some free time every now and then.

• Like 1

I really hope they just go down the subscription route. $2.99 for 4 hours is insane!

I may consider a samsung tv in the future becuase of this feature. Of course picture quality comes first, but if PS Now pricing stabilizes, this would be a value added feature for me.

I'm not a fan of the curved screens of this generation, but I've yet to see a better picture than my last-gen F8000. Samsung TVs are far far better than they used to be.

This sounds good in theory, but there are a few factors I'm concerned about...

Will the tv now come with more storage & memory, to assist in caching of certain game types (platformers, fighting, sports games)

And if so, how much more will the TV's cost?

How will the multiplayer experience be if ur playing direct from a tv, versus someone on a dedicated PS3?...

I'm hoping this works out too... Guess I just have to see real life results, before getting my hopes up...