Final Chance to Buy Xbox One Starting at $349

I don't see the point of increasing the price back up.  They are still behind the PS4 in console sales so why not keep the ball rolling.  Attach rate for Xbox has always been good so make up the $50 in game and xbox live subs. 

I don't see the point of increasing the price back up.  They are still behind the PS4 in console sales so why not keep the ball rolling.  Attach rate for Xbox has always been good so make up the $50 in game and xbox live subs. 

Agreed, I think they're stupid to increase the price again. Which means that's probably exactly what they will do.

• Like 3

I think the pricing will return because sales back it up.

However, the $349/$449 pricing was always billed as a 'sale'.

It was a way to boost sales during the holidays. In order for a sale to work, it needs an end date to drive demand during a certain time.

I know most people think MS is just stupid, but even they won't ignore the sales success. I would guess we see the pricing become permanent soon or brought back as another sale.

I think now they have a steady fan base, and a lot more highly anticipated games coming in 2015 they can rely on those to bring those still left on older consoles to bite the bullet and upgrade. 

It's not like the price is going back to $499 it's going to $399 same as the PS4, new games and you can expect new bundles, will come out, $399 with that new game and maybe some free gold to, still makes for a good deal.

Then around spring or summer they'll have a hardware revision ready I expect. Then it'll be cheaper to make and they'll cut it again.

Picked up a 2nd one in Australia with Kinect and 5 games for $599Au. Great deal for me and gets the kids off my back to play some games

Hope to see more traction on the sales figures for them

I think now they have a steady fan base, and a lot more highly anticipated games coming in 2015 they can rely on those to bring those still left on older consoles to bite the bullet and upgrade. 

Apart from Halo 5 what highly anticipated games are coming on the X1?

Well there is Crackdown and Fable legends that I am personally looking forward to however the "highlight anticipated"  comment was more aimed at Multi-platform games. I'm more referring to it as those who are happy with the xbox brand but up until now have not had a reason to splash out (games coming out for both XB1 and Xbox 360) whereas things like Evolve, Rainbow Six and The division etc won't be available on the older gen(correctly me if I'm wrong). 

Of course there will be those that may go from XB360 to PS4, but there are some that will remain "loyal" to a brand also. 

But exclusive wise, from what I know, PS4 looks to have a better lineup atm.

Hard to say what is 'highly anticipated', but you can start with the exclusive titles talked about at E3 last year. There are certainly big games in the pipeline, we just have to wait and see how they turn out.

Everything from Quantum Break to Tomb Raider are potential big titles.

Xbox games "slated" for 2015:

The Inside

Ori:&BF

CupHead

Fable Legends

Halo 5

Quantum Break

Tomb Raider

Below

According to Phil Spencer on Twitter there are going to ton of unannounced surprises for 2015 as we'll... But who knows in regards to this

Xbox games "slated" for 2015:

The Inside

Ori:&BF

CupHead

Fable Legends

Halo 5

Quantum Break

Tomb Raider

Below

According to Phil Spencer on Twitter there are going to ton of unannounced surprises for 2015 as we'll... But who knows in regards to this

I've only ever heard of four of those games. One of which is not an exclusive (Tomb Raider) and merely a timed release. Then two I have no interest in (Halo & Fable) which leaves Quantum Break which has some hype behind it and looks okay but I'd buy SF, Tekken or even MK over it let alone the big crossplatform titles coming out in 2015.

I've only ever heard of four of those games. One of which is not an exclusive (Tomb Raider) and merely a timed release. Then two I have no interest in (Halo & Fable) which leaves Quantum Break which has some hype behind it and looks okay but I'd buy SF, Tekken or even MK over it let alone the big crossplatform titles coming out in 2015.

http://youtu.be/e2P0V64VZBA

Most of us have heard of all those games. Tomb Raider: The Rise of the Tomb Raider is a console exclusive, though it may hit PC later in life. Most of us have interest in Halo, Fable, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Ori & the Blind Forest, Inside, Below, Cuphead, Crackdown, State of Decay, Phantom Dust, Raiden, Space Engineers...I am sure I could go on. And Killer Instinct is better than those other games, that is no doubt.

Basically they just want to see if this still helps post-holidays or if things go back to normal rates. If the boost doesn't keep much then they could go back to $399 for a bit and make a bit more money.

Personally i'd just release a new SKU with a 1tb drive for $399 and stop making the 500gb version, let it sell out.