It's All about the Apps, Apps, Apps  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Which App Updates are you most excited about? (select all that apply)

• Office Universal (Touch Office for Windows)
    • Project Spartan (IE Replacement)
    • Office 2016 (Desktop for Mouse and Keyboard)
    • Xbox App (to stream Games from XB1)
    • Photos (updated with collections)
    • Messaging (Skype+/-Other Messaging Services including SMS or MO [Mobile Operator])
    • Settings (Convergence of PC Settings and the legacy Control Panel)
    • Music (Updated from Xbox Music)
    • Cortana (New UI)
    • Store (New UI)
    • Maps (New UI)
    • Lumia Camera (now across all Windows device including HTC phones and laptops and tablets)
    • Video (idk what changed new UI?)

Some of the new apps / versions are awful and do not follow the Metro guidelines at all. No MODERN or AUTHENTICALLY DIGITAL at all.

Alarms looks like a piece of crap now. The one in 8.1 is beauty.

Calculator shouldn't be uninstallable. Now I don't have a calculator.

Sound Recorder looks like crap.

Games is still a complete and useless mess. It shouldn't exist when the new Xbox app is here.

Using Maps crashes my Hyper-V connection.

calculator at least should absolutely let you run more than one instance, hopefully that's on the cards as we're still a little early

The new calculator app is noticeably slower to start than the old calc. :/ I hope this is not a sign of things to come. 

The new calculator app is noticeably slower to start than the old calc. :/ I hope this is not a sign of things to come. 

LOL, slower to load or to calculate? Or from the time of clicking on the calculator icon to the time entering numbers?

What?  It start almost instantly on my PC.  I click it and bang, it's open, no waiting time.

In fact, I find that most of the "new" Modern Apps load much more quickly than they did in Win 8.1

LOL, slower to load or to calculate? Or from the time of clicking on the calculator icon to the time entering numbers?

What?  It start almost instantly on my PC.  I click it and bang, it's open, no waiting time.

In fact, I find that most of the "new" Modern Apps load much more quickly than they did in Win 8.1

From the time I click the calc icon (or calc in run) and to the time the UI loads. There is a 1-2 sec period where all I see is its splash screen. I should mention that my only test system right now is a late 2009 Core i3,4GB RAM with a SSD. :D

I also see a spike in CPU usage due to ".NET Runtime Optimization Service" during and after launching calc.

From the time I click the calc icon (or calc in run) and to the time the UI loads. There is a 1-2 sec period where all I see is its splash screen. I should mention that my only test system right now is a late 2009 Core i3,4GB RAM with a SSD. :D

I also see a spike in CPU usage due to ".NET Runtime Optimization Service" during and after launching calc.

I do get the problem with the splash screen, maybe they could run it in mini mode where it loads the basic 4 function calc, then give us an option to expand. Then they could add graphing and CAS capabilities.  Maybe buy GeoGebra and integrate it.

They need to fix Xbox Music once and for all.. Starting with bringing recently listened to back for cross device support.

Any device with the Play Music app has recently listened to, and it syncs this across devices. I don't have playlists..

So its..really hard coming back to Xbox Music on Windows.. Its like an afterthought feature.

Also would be nice to have an app that feels native again...

Is that a messaging app for Windows again? They had one in Windows 8 that 8.1 got rid of. I thought they were just bringing back Skype/messenger support, not going back to the whole idea of unified messaging anywhere.