9926 on Surface Pro 3

I've been using the video drivers from 8/14 and it's been good for me on my I5. I got the suggestion and link from here: http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/windows-10-on-surface-pro-3.11828/page-65#post-110848

Can you play .MP4 or .MKV files?  WMP hangs and Video crashes.  VLC Beta is OK, but it doesn't like network file share for default videos location, so navigating content there is a bit of a pain.  I

Installed on my i7 Surface Pro 3.  Found that battery life is abysmal even after the Windows Update.

Cannot play back MKV or MP4 files in Videos or Windows Media Player.  Using VLC Beta as workaround.

Had issues connecting to the shares on my Windows 8.1 system, stating Account doesn't have permission to log on from this system.

Wound up doing a full reset (wiping settings/data) and I was then prompted to connect.

Using local naming scheme "PCNAME\AccountDisplayName" + Password didn't work.

Had to connect using "MICROSOFTACCOUNT\microsoftaccount@email.com" + Password to work.

I really HATE HATE HATE Continuum doing Maximized as "Tablet Mode" when traditionally my tablet apps have been FullScreen.

If Continuum had an option to make Tablet Mode Full Screen instead of Maximized, I'd be less livid.

It seems as though they fired the Modern1.0 team as a part of the re-org and these new code monkeys who are keyboard and mouse centric have no clue about the Modern design principles.

Just look at all of the application chrome in the store VS Modern  look and feel guidelines.  Neither Store nor Xbox have an App Command bar.  Neither are visually consistent.

Using Apps that have App Bars at the top of the screen are a chore to use in Tablet Mode due to the Title Bar and hamburger menu covering 1/3 of AppCommand bar.

That's what I have so far.

Do you have start 8 on your machine?

If so delete it.

Had same issue until I uninstalled it.

I've never used any start menu replacement. What I ended up having to do was restore Windows 8.1 and then revert the Intel display driver to the original driver before any Windows Updates. This brought it back to a driver from March 2014. At that point I was able to upgrade successfully and I'm no longer having any issues.

Looking at putting this on my SP3 but how did you go back to Window 8?

Go here: https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/downloadablerecoveryimage

Sign in and register your serial number. It will then let you download a restore image. I put it on a USB drive and booted off of it to get Windows 8.1 back. Make sure your USB drive is formatted as FAT32 and not NTFS, UEFI requires it to be able to boot from the USB drive.

Go here: https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/downloadablerecoveryimage

Sign in and register your serial number. It will then let you download a restore image. I put it on a USB drive and booted off of it to get Windows 8.1 back. Make sure your USB drive is formatted as FAT32 and not NTFS, UEFI requires it to be able to boot from the USB drive.

Thanks alot.

Looking at putting this on my SP3 but how did you go back to Window 8?

Actually, that process - while valid - wasn't necessary (in my case).  I simply went into Windows and rolled back from within settings.  I didn't need the USB key backup nor did I need to reinstall.  Forgive me, as I forget exactly where I went (but it was within the Win10 Settings), however my revert process took about five minutes and then I was back on my old install of Windows 8.  Later that night I also did a full reset of my install.  In my case, Win10 only installed over Win8 (and moved the contents to .old); nothing else happened.

After a few reboots and starting in safe mode with basic VGA I was able to run windows update a few times (first download didn't have the surface updates) you'll eventually get the surface hardware update which fixes the display problem.

Issues

1) Netflix and over video (as per others) does not work in IE or in the App.  However, Netflix in Chrome Works. Has to do with the video acceleration not being compat

2) DisplayLink (HDMI over USB3.0) does not work yet.  DisplayLink working on updating for the new WDDL

3) Miracast is laggy

4) Battery poor and fan much more active than normal.  "Host Process for Setting Syncronization" is active A LOT

5) USB3.0 devices don't reconnect at times.  Had to kill the device process to get the devices recognized (Windows+P to connect crashes)

6) Cortana ONLY works in USA.  The rest of us cannot test this feature.

7) Had to rebuild my Start menu that now scrolls up and down and not left and right.

I wont go into things I like as i'll let you experience this first hand.

S.

Issues

6) Cortana ONLY works in USA.  The rest of us cannot test this feature.

You can change your regional settings to USA.  I did that within 10 minutes of installing Win10.  I think there's a guide on Neowin or Windows Central.