OneNote does not install after rolling back from Win 10 to Win 8.1

Hey!

I upgraded my installation of Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 TP build 9926 directly from a mounted ISO and all went well. This morning I decided to roll back and the process was smooth and easy -- in fact, it took the system five minutes to roll back to the previous state. The problems started when I realized that upgraded Windows Store apps were broken on the rollback process (like People, Calendar and Mail). A quick reinstall of all these apps proved to be effective, but when I tried to reinstall OneNote from the Store, I was given an error that said my PC did not meet the requirements to install it. I tried wiping out Store's cache, but it was no good.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I won't post a screenshot here because my build is in Portuguese :p

I had the same issue. unfortunately it also wiped out my ability to activate my OEM copy of windows 8.1 and I had to use my USB restore media and reformat my computer. Hopefully you can find another alternative to a full reinstall.

I had the same issue. unfortunately it also wiped out my ability to activate my OEM copy of windows 8.1 and I had to use my USB restore media and reformat my computer. Hopefully you can find another alternative to a full reinstall.

Fortunately, I didn't have issues with my activation, and it is also an OEM copy. I did have issues with my Microsoft Account, though, I had to set a local account and change back to the Microsoft one so that I could use OneDrive and the Store.

Sorry to to know you had to go through a full formating. :/

And this is why I never advise anyone to roll back. It breaks things, and breaks things badly. So yeah, sorry but I have no suggestions except for going back to Windows 10.

This is probably because it's trying to reinstall the OneNote preview, sees you're on 8 and then throws that error.

Try clearing the windows store cache by running wsreset.exe (win+r -> wsreset.exe)

And this is why I never advise anyone to roll back. It breaks things, and breaks things badly. So yeah, sorry but I have no suggestions except for going back to Windows 10.

Well, the rollback was smooth. I kinda got surprised it was that easy. Everything works as it should be and I had no crashes ever since. Just this OneNote bug.

This is probably because it's trying to reinstall the OneNote preview, sees you're on 8 and then throws that error.

Try clearing the windows store cache by running wsreset.exe (win+r -> wsreset.exe)

I did it already and it didn't work :(

I also tried resetting Internet Explorer because I saw an YouTube video telling me to do this in case my Store app updates broke.