Let's vote for Spartan

I hope they do change the name, Internet Explorer won't be able to recovery any time soon with it's bad past.

I actually don't think Spartan is a great name. I'd rather they just call it IE12.

The IE brand is horrible. People will always hate it, no matter what.

Spartan is a strong name, powerful. It's just perfect.

Voted as Thor :)
They need to ditch IE completely, the name and the logo, and come up with something fitting for Spartan. 

I have voted +3 for the name Spartan. It's an amazing name and should be the default for when the new browser actually comes out.

Voted as Thor :)

They need to ditch IE completely, the name and the logo, and come up with something fitting for Spartan. 

Ditching it completely, as in, ditching that Trident garbage altogether? Absolutely! :laugh:

I seriously doubt they can still improve it much (branching it or not), it's just too badly broken. As they already have separated the old IE engine as a separate mode, they could simply do a Webkit branch for the new one: greatly improved standards compliance, speed and security and much less work than trying to turn trident into anything half-way decent.

Ditching it completely, as in, ditching that Trident garbage altogether? Absolutely! :laugh:

I seriously doubt they can still improve it much (branching it or not), it's just too badly broken. As they already have separated the old IE engine as a separate mode, they could simply do a Webkit branch for the new one: greatly improved standards compliance, speed and security and much less work than trying to turn trident into anything half-way decent.

They just need to let go of the Internet Explorer brand. 

People liken it to broken, laggy browser that is a horrible experience to use. The latest builds are great of IE, but people just wont use it anymore. 

So if they ditch the branding (even if it is IE12), I would say removing the logo, and the name and move forward with the Spartan brand, it would have a much higher up-take. New users to Windows 10 will be more inclined to use it as their main browser instead of going straight for Chrome or Firefox. Thats what im getting it. Under the hood, it can run IE7 for all its worth, no one would be the wiser, just call it Spartan and change the logo to match.

Hey, the personal assistant is named Cortana so it's fitting that the browser is named Spartan.

Meh. The days where "Navigator" and "Explorer" made sense are over, and IE doesn't really have strong brand following from people who know what browser they are using, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Cortana made sense because they needed a name anyway.

No. "Spartan" is the cheesiest name for a browser i've ever heard (well OK, it's one of the cheesiest).

By all means give it a trendy name but keep IE in there somewhere, so if they were going to go with "Spartan" make it "IE Spartan" or "Spartan IE".

Ditching the IE brand (no matter how negative the connotations) is a silly idea. Especially as it's starting to climb out of it's predecessors wrong doings and make a new name for itself.

Well you keep on doubting meanwhile Trident+Chakra are already equal or better than competition.

http://anandtech.com/show/8932/internet-explorer-project-spartan-shows-large-performance-gains

• Like 3