"Star Trek" fans told to stop 'Spocking' Canadian $5 bill

All you're saying is you don't understand why defacing currency is illegal in the first place. Where you make yourself look bad is that, despite not knowing WHY, you've already decided to come to a conclusion and declare yourself righteous. Don't feel too bad, though. You're in good company. Lots of people believe things before actually gathering any relevant information.

And don't worry! If you ever feel inspired to find out, it's not hard! Simple Google (or even Bing!) searches will produce tens of thousands of results, linking to discussions, blogs, articles, and government-hosted content that explains why defacing currency is often against the law.

And hey, next time you want to enjoy having a superiority complex over something you're completely, 100% ignorant about, go right ahead. After all, maybe you'll luck out and do it around people just as or moreso ignorant than you and get away with it.

Is this really your comment?

First, you show up and draw an incorrect conclusion from my simple statement and made it personal on top of it. You then make assumptions about things YOU think I don't know and accuse me of a superiority complex when you are the one displaying one!

Dude, Canada has no laws against defacing their currency and yet their monetary system is not collapsing. Even here in the US, where we do have some laws about it, you are apparently ignorant on what they concern. I can go out in public and deface a $5 bill and no one will arrest me which is what we are talking about here...

I am done with you here so goodbye but thanks for playing; besides I think that may be your Mom calling you from upstairs anyway... Hopefully, she is taking you to your doctor to get your meds adjusted.

You can burn, blend, and draw on USA's money, what makes it illegal is if you try and put it back into circulation and use it.

I don't know where you people come up with these "facts".

Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code, which says that

I don't know where you people come up with these "facts".

I'm talking on a practical matter, yes defacing currency in general is illegal.

You said "what makes it illegal is if" stating that doing the damage itself isn't against the law, only trying to use a damaged bill was. That is false.

It is a stupid thing to damage your own money, and it is impossible to police, but that doesn't change the fact it is still illegal to do.