Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-6 ISS resupply

Dangit! I knew it was gonna be a close one. Those clouds were looming, I hoped they'd get off the ground in time.

There's always tomorrow, right fellas?

Seriously. A nearly 20KM circle within which those clouds cannot come or they will scrub. That is rediculous! There is no way they would have made it to the pad within the remaining time and the Falcon 9 would have been long gone before that! Hell the first stage could even have safely landed already before those stupid clouds ever reached the coast!

It's not the clouds, it's the possible lightning and other static electricity that can really mess up the instrumentation on the vehicle. One of the Apollo missions had that happen (with no lingering effects), but they want to avoid that kind of possibility, because today's electronics are far more prone to damage to that kind of thing. It's for safety.

Well, it is the cloud one way or another. It isn't called the anvil cloud rule because it sounded fun :p No clouds, no lightning! And those clouds wouldn't have been at the pad until long after F9 would have been gone!

Right, that's what I was after. Anvil Clouds associated with lightning/static discharge. Starting to think I've had a TMI in the past few months ... sheesh. The amount of drivel coming from me lately is rather disconcerting.

Either that or I need to slow down a bit.

Not much of a space guy.. but going to watch the live stream.  I will say though.. the last couple of pages are funny as I have a cloud-butt chrome addon.  So I see posts about thunder butts, space ships in butts, etc.

For example

Well, it is my butt one way or another. It isn't called the anvil butt rule because it sounded fun  :p No butts, no lightning! And those butts wouldn't have been at the pad until long after F9 would have been gone!

Not much of a space guy.. but going to watch the live stream.

Good day to start, if successful today will be the first time the a first stage of a rocket is landed, propulsively anyway.

if successful how long will it take for the first stage to land and whether its successful be released? Its 9pm in the uk already so i guessing through the night sometime.

if successful how long will it take for the first stage to land and whether its successful be released? Its 9pm in the uk already so i guessing through the night sometime.

Within 15 minutes as far as I remember from last time, not sure if they will stream that part.

Nice view of the booster coming down!!

S1 restart

S1 shutdown

S2 nominal

S1 entry burn startup & shutdown

S1 transsonic, landing burn started!

Dragon separation

Ascent successful. Dragon enroute to Space Station. Rocket landed on droneship, but too hard for survival.

So next time just more upward thust to slow the descent?