Microsoft Edge?

I'm a web developer and often have to take control of clients browsers via TeamViewer or share screens on skype, i don't know one user who doesn't have one or more plugins installed if they use FF or Chrome.

Who knows how those got installed, it's like before with toolbars.

Not to get too OT but I was just doing some checking around and it appears that Chrome is the only viable alternative to syncing bookmarks. I don't like Chrome desktop because it's so bloaty but FF and Opera seem to have problems on mobile.

Hopefully Edge mobile and Edge desktop will at least eventually sync. I'm sure it wI'll although maybe not at RTM.

I'd like to test Edge, but there really isn't much to test... the UI is buggy and unresponsive... the rendering engine is fine... settings leave a lot to be desired for... and it has almost no other features. The bookmarks are a joke - bad UI and impossible to import/export/sync... so I guess we just test the engine and Cortana integration?

yeah, that is what i though of at first.

and that logo is horrible too.

yep, really the logo is ugly...

I don't know if this is obtuse, or what, but I wonder a few things.

Primarily, why is there the Web Note "The web is your canvas" feature up at the top. I really don't see a desire to use that feature, certainly not regularly. Maybe on a tablet. And funnily enough, Edge (well, Spartan) pops up an error when trying to use Web Notes on many pages - including the Introducing Edge page boasting the feature.

I don't get why, when it loads a list or a bookmarks folder, the first time it animates them spacing out. Mousing over it again displays it properly instantly.

For some reason, there is no context menu on the Bookmarks bar or the page itself. The font, font spacing, and context menu UI on other selections does not fit the rest of the UI. There is no context menu on the pages themselves, which doesn't make sense considering Web Notes. The URL bar, Favorites bar, and navigation icons are oversized and the spacing is really off compared to File Explorer. There are unfinished things on every context menu - context menu on a dialog box is just an empty box. You can not effectively drag and drop bookmarks on the toolbar.

Basic features like bookmark edition, Open Closed Tab item on the tab context menu, 

Other than that, I'm seeing a lot of lacking features and functionality, and it doesn't even conform to the UI design on the rest of Windows. I know this is a pretty early test release, but it I don't see how this can be tested. The only feedback I can give is what I said above; lack of basic functionality and an inconsistent UI for Win10.

Thing is it's a bad choice of themn to delay addon support... that means when people get thier shiny new OS and try to find addons there won't be any and devs will have to hussle at the last minute and have rushed addons.

It's always best before the stuff is released so people are ready

They aren't delaying Windows 10 isn't out and the add-on's will be available when it is.

Anyone else getting Edge opening random pages (I suppose from bookmarks) when it starts, regardless of the choice made under its settings dialog?