Hudson science teacher suspended for using cell jammer

so the kids are doing the job of those who are paid to teach and look after them while they are not at home?

do the schools in out there not have panic buttons in the class rooms there seems to be a lot going on that it makes sense to install them.

I'm not gonna say I support having them all on their Cellphones in class and all.. But every school I've been in, the only Phones are in the Officers and Front Desk. At my school it was a good 2-5min run to get from the farthest end to the main office. So that you see an emergency, run hope they call, and STILL not have a phone near the emergency.. In a situation like a medical emergency, that could be VERY serious. Not to mention school shooting or just seeing someone with a gun, etc.

And no, most classes I've seen have no panic buttons, and no way to contact the Office without going down there, and having them activate the PA from that side. And that of course assumes it happens in an office, and not somewhere else, like just outside the school during Gym Class or on break.

The solution is simple, actually punish people for using their phones during class.. When I was in school Cellphones were JUST becoming a thing. If you had one in class and it rang (not vibrate), it was taken or turned off and left on the teachers desk till the end of class. If you had it out during a math test (cause this is before internet on your phones) you failed the test, instantly. Maybe leading to being suspended or worse.

Should just lower the kids grades for not paying attention in class.  Or kick them out of the classroom.  Let them explain to their parents why their kids get low grades or get in trouble at school.