Steam Monster Summer Sale: 11th - 21st June

Steam Summer Sale dates confirmed

Paypal, you sly dog you.

The Steam Summer Sale dates have been confirmed by an email from PayPal. The email has been sent to a number of individuals already and falls directly in line with the rumored Sale dates.

The email reads as the following:

Source and More

That's tomorrow! I've got a couple of games that I'll be looking for this time round, including "Cities: Skylines" and "Ark : Survival Evolved."

-----

XYhGMxj.jpg

My wallet is ready for once!

Ditto, and my Steam wallet's ready, too, thanks to all the duplicate trading cards I've been selling; built up

The games I want are too new and wont be on sale or at least not by a lot. I might just take part in trading cards this time and sit the buying out, otherwise I end up buying games to add to the libary that I never play.

Not hyped for these anymore. The sales are so popular now they don't cut prices as much as they did. Hope they don't have some ridiculous "quest" like last year either. I miss the holiday achievements.

Will hopefully pick up a few indies I've held off on though.

I've been waiting to pick up Borderlands the PreSequel... The last couple sales every good sale was for games I already owned.

• Like 1

I'm sure it'll be like last year for me, going to buy a bunch of games I already brought in one of the previous summer sales which I forgot about.

Was on the internet a few days ago - might pickup Alien Isolation, but that's about it.

Not hyped for these anymore. The sales are so popular now they don't cut prices as much as they did. Hope they don't have some ridiculous "quest" like last year either. I miss the holiday achievements.

I can't comment on the difference in discounts over the years, but I still find them to be worth checking out. Especially with the wishlist idea where you can get notified about a particular game that you're interested in without having to check the store every day.

I agree that the games quests are unnecessary though. Never bothered with them, never will. I still don't entirely understand what I'm supposed to be doing with these trading cards that I keep picking up, but that would deviate from the idea of the thread and I have little interest in getting to understand the concept either.

Definitely looking for alien isolation and cities. I have multiple games to finish but those game would probably bump the other ones to backlog material. Divinity Original Sin and Endless Legend too.

I can't comment on the difference in discounts over the years, but I still find them to be worth checking out. Especially with the wishlist idea where you can get notified about a particular game that you're interested in without having to check the store every day.

I agree that the games quests are unnecessary though. Never bothered with them, never will. I still don't entirely understand what I'm supposed to be doing with these trading cards that I keep picking up, but that would deviate from the idea of the thread and I have little interest in getting to understand the concept either.

Oh I'd still rather have them than not, don't get me wrong. The reputation they have though means some of the games you'd expect to see drop decide to keep their price longer.

I'd totally do the same thing if I were the developer, but it's just a meta-change over the years you notice as the buyer.

Who wants to bet that they have the same exact games on sale for the same exact prices they had them on the previous 5 sales?

I used to get excited by these sales, when they were new to me, now i'm like meh. same o same o.

edit: just read the previous posts. Seems im not the only one.

Edited by blank

Who wants to bet that they have the same exact games on sale for the same exact prices they had them on the previous 5 sales?

I used to get excited by these sales, when they were new to me, now i'm like meh. same o same o.

edit: just read the previous posts. Seems im not the only one.

That and Steam is so oversaturated with sales these days, and that's before you look to resellers and bundles who often have the best deals long before Steam.

Either this was a screwed up email to start with or something ain't right.

Now's the time to stop up on Steam Wallet codes from the PayPal Digital Gift Store,

really..? "stop up...."

I don't know if it would be better or worse if they held these from the 1st of the month, right after many people get paid...

Anyway, TAKE MY MONEY

Man it's that time of the year already. :D

Definitely limited my spending on what on my Steam Wallet this year.

Here's a song for the occasion:

I feel the same. Plus Amazon and Green Man Gaming will be going sales mode around the same time. Green man already had the new Batman game at 40% off and its not even out yet.

I'll get something if the deal is really good, but I've already spent some on GOG's summer sale and there's also that huge backlog thing that never seems to go down :D