LG G4

G4 is so cool but I am wondering how many spare batteries do you need for LG G4. Just found out that MPJ released battery for G4 and I am trying to decide whether to go ahead and order my third one.

No, it's not.  It's about as heavy as Touchwiz.

Really, my only experience of Android is from the Nexus tablets, and bar a few apps and the LG screen thingy (can't remember what it's called) I thought it was pretty stock. 

I even think some of the LG apps are useful :p

Really, my only experience of Android is from the Nexus tablets, and bar a few apps and the LG screen thingy (can't remember what it's called) I thought it was pretty stock. 

I even think some of the LG apps are useful :p

I'm not saying LG's apps aren't useful, but the UI is not even close to stock.  I helped my buddy set his up so I have a few hours logged on one unit.  I'm also not saying it's a bad phone, actually, if I were looking for a new phone the G4 would be at the top of my list.  I don't really care for the UI on the G4 but a custom launcher with an icon pack would take care of most of that problem.

• 1 month later...

I'm not saying LG's apps aren't useful, but the UI is not even close to stock.  I helped my buddy set his up so I have a few hours logged on one unit.  I'm also not saying it's a bad phone, actually, if I were looking for a new phone the G4 would be at the top of my list.  I don't really care for the UI on the G4 but a custom launcher with an icon pack would take care of most of that problem.

I've actually rolled my LG G3 back to a modified rooted 5.1.1 stock rom. Actually the stock UI isn't that bad. Phone is rock solid and smooth as butter.

I've actually rolled my LG G3 back to a modified rooted 5.1.1 stock rom. Actually the stock UI isn't that bad. Phone is rock solid and smooth as butter.

Does the overheating issue still present? If not, can you tell me which rom u using?

I've got the SGS 4 and bounce back and forth from TouchWiz, GPE, AOSP and cyanogenmod.  I'm on CM 12.1 right now and there's a few things I miss about TouchWiz, but the speed and battery life alone are worth it for me to stick with CM at this point.  I can see why you'd choose to stay with stock, though.  LG's UI doesn't seem to be as heavy on resources as Samsung while keeping many of the same features.

I've got the SGS 4 and bounce back and forth from TouchWiz, GPE, AOSP and cyanogenmod.  I'm on CM 12.1 right now and there's a few things I miss about TouchWiz, but the speed and battery life alone are worth it for me to stick with CM at this point.  I can see why you'd choose to stay with stock, though.  LG's UI doesn't seem to be as heavy on resources as Samsung while keeping many of the same features.

Plus the CM12.1 wasn't preforming the best with my camera and they introduced some bug around October 1st which caused random reboots. That or I just dirty flashed the nightly's so many times something cropped up.

Does the overheating issue still present? If not, can you tell me which rom u using?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-lg-g3/development/rom-jasminerom-v1-0-t2904641

I have the LG G3 and absolutely love it, and was always planning on updating to the G4 sometime, but now I think I want the LG V10. Pretty much the same, just better, lol.

I use my LG G3 steady, have tons of apps running, and I find battery life to be awesome, so I can't picture the G4 to use much more, if at all.

Ive never used LG's Home Launcher though, not at all, I installed Google Now Launcher right off the bat, cuz it's awesome, and even so much better now.