Journey for PS4 out now

It has been a long time coming, but 1080/60 Journey is out now! Free for anyone who has bought it on PS3.

My mate is a huge fan of this game. I think he even bought one of the hard cover art books for it.

Thanks for the heads up, AB.

Shame you have to re-buy it if you bought the physical copy. I'm outta luck.

Try to contact them on Twitter or something (Y)

Question: I claimed Journey on the PS3 via PS+ when it was free. Does that mean I can get the PS4 version for free? (I'm still a PS+ member)

Is it as good as people say?

Yes.

I wonder how long that took to port.

Longer than expected, but dat sand needs lovin.

damn 1080p60. my computer can't handle it no matter what browser I use. Phone runs it well but computer doesn't. go figure. bad/no hardware acceleration I guess.

damn 1080p60. my computer can't handle it no matter what browser I use. Phone runs it well but computer doesn't. go figure. bad/no hardware acceleration I guess.

I don't think your computer is going to be handling any PS4 games anyway :p

Question: I claimed Journey on the PS3 via PS+ when it was free. Does that mean I can get the PS4 version for free? (I'm still a PS+ member)

Yes.

Does this mean yes? lol

Just felt that you had answered your own question unknowingly.

Noob. lrnhow2quote

It's spelled "n00b".

Anyway, yes you can download it.  I had tried to "pre-order" it over the weekend, and it gave me the error "you already own this title" (which I do on PS3).

This seems to have completely flew under my radar. I don't recall reading about an update for PS4. Unless, because I read so much gaming news, I just forgot.  :blush:

I can confirm that if you claimed it via PS+ on the PS3, you can download it on the PS4 if you're still a PS+ member. Sweet! I downloaded it last night. I can't wait to play it again in 1080p60 glory.

I can confirm that if you claimed it via PS+ on the PS3, you can download it on the PS4 if you're still a PS+ member. Sweet! I downloaded it last night. I can't wait to play it again in 1080p60 glory.

Cross buy is one of the best proconsumer things Sony has done. Shame to see MS and Nintendo not bother.

What would MS crossbuy with? With the BC X1 is going to have maybe games bought for 360 wil be redeemable on your X1?

Nintendo should definitely do their own crossbuy thing for the 3DS.

Cross buy is one of the best proconsumer things Sony has done. Shame to see MS and Nintendo not bother.

What would MS crossbuy with? With the BC X1 is going to have maybe games bought for 360 wil be redeemable on your X1?

Nintendo should definitely do their own crossbuy thing for the 3DS.

They already are. They announced it last year:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-30-nintendo-launches-its-first-cross-buy-game-with-squids-odyssey

Amazing game, own the ps3 collector's disc (Journey, Flower, etx), plus digital.

The cross buy from the ps3 did unlock the ps4.

Flower been out (PS4 version) a while.

Yup, and Microsoft announced it as well:

http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/04/elite-dangerous-xbox-one-windows-10/

and here is a few cross buy and cross play titles announced:

Xbox One and Windows 10 cross-buy

• Pinball FX2 (Zen Studios)
  • Gigantic (Motiga)

Xbox One and Windows 10 cross-play

• #IDARB (Other Ocean)
  • Fable Legends (Lionhead/Microsoft Studios)
  • Gigantic (Motiga)
  • Game 4 (The Behemoth)
  • Siegecraft Commander (Blowfish Studios)
  • Super Dungeon Bros (React! Games/Wired Productions)

I know they have it coming for PC games but I meant on consoles (360/One). Nintendo also have a handheld in the 3DS so are more alike to Sony doing Vita/PS4.

I know they have it coming for PC games but I meant on consoles (360/One). Nintendo also have a handheld in the 3DS so are more alike to Sony doing Vita/PS4.

Yup, Microsoft is doing it.

MS is doing X1 and Win10 cross-buy. Not 360 and X1.

Hopefully they extend it to WP10 to somewhat resemble the Vita/PS3/4 and 3DS/Wii U combo.