Police probing death in LA find 1,200 guns, 2 tons ammo

It's hilarious to hear people compare a weapon that's purpose is solely to kill, and mostly just to kill other humans as well, to video games and baseball cards :laugh:

An obsession with weapons and instruments of death usually means someone has an abnormally high fear of death, and may also indicate a heightened (above average to paranoid) fear of crime and violence.

3-5 weapons and a few hundred rounds in the house, OK. 1200 weapons and 2 tons of ammo for a licensed dealer, OK. 1200 weapons and 2 tons of ammo stockpiled for god knows what, not OK.

• Like 4

It's also hilarious when people fail to understand that the comparison was about collecting and that people do collect different things, some even consider it a hobby, not what was being collected.

It's also hilarious when someone makes broad generalizations and pronouncements about others when they haven't had any first hand experience with them.

Yup, hilarious!    :laugh:

• Like 1

Especially when you consider how many other things firearms are used for than killing people or defending ourselves.

Ex: the shooting sports, especially clay birds (trap & skeet) are a fast growing competitive sport in high schools. Clay is growing fast, but many already have rifle teams with leagues. There are also state and national junior tournaments.

look at the bright side, during his life those 1,200 un-opened guns (and its ammos) do not circulates among gangs, criminals and other degenerates.

Yes, but now that the cops have confiscated them, they soon will!

It's also hilarious when people fail to understand that the comparison was about collecting and that people do collect different things, some even consider it a hobby, not what was being collected.

It's also hilarious when someone makes broad generalizations and pronouncements about others when they haven't had any first hand experience with them.

Yup, hilarious!    :laugh:

I collect USED bookmarks... :s

Yes, that's how a collector might display their stuff. But this guy didn't, because he's not a collector. Or is that concept too "liberal media" for you to understand?

So you have to display what you collect to be a collector? Umm, OK then

So you have to display what you collect to be a collector? Umm, OK then

Nope, never said that. 

People collect many things.   Some have the potential to do harm, others dont.  As long as you are responsible, then there really is no problem.

I am not arguing that, and I am not arguing against being a collector or against gun ownership. However, I feel that if the story mentioned any item other than guns, that gun proponents would call the collection extreme or excessive

I have large collections of early US coins, and enough tools to outfit a custom furniture studio and an auto repair shop. Not to mention enough hunting/fishing tackle to last 3 lifetimes. The wife has a collection of over 800 ceramic and metal artistic salt shakers, and enough earrings to outfit a Macy's.

Then there's Jay Leno's cars.

None are IMO excessive, especially when the wife needs her car fixed, a new cabinet for those salt shakers or (yet another) earring rack.

Most of those tools and a good part of my fishing & hunting gear, which are not firearms, are also deadly. So are Leno's cars.

The absense of smoke & noise doesn't matter much if the wielder has criminal intent.