Is there a compact skin option?

I wouldn't call 4 days downtime "smooth" personally...

it was within the expected relm of error (couldn't think of a better way to say it)

still far better than the 2 week or so downtime from a couple upgrades ago. and the site is remaining stable not crashing every few minutes like previous upgrades.

So the up vote button will move up posts to the top of the discussion?  That makes it pretty confusing...

Yep.

The question sections try to emulate the Stack Overflow kind of layout.
The discussions sections should be the same as they always were.

• Like 1

So the up vote button will move up posts to the top of the discussion?  That makes it pretty confusing...

Hit the Sort by Date button right underneath the topic post.

• Like 2

Hit the Sort by Date button right underneath the topic post.

Would be good if we could toggle that site wide, rather than per topic.

It's doing that on mobile ie as well, and I can't turn that stupid mini spy off .

I wouldn't call 4 days downtime "smooth" personally...

previous update was like a week long :/

I viewed it at work earlier on a large screen and hated it.

I'm now viewing it at home on my smaller laptop screen and it looks really nice. If you want a compact version just resize your browser.

The only thing i will say is the thread view is not so nice, it's hard to see whats going on.

I quite like the new forum, I can tell a lot of hard work has gone in to it!

Some constructive feedback that I think would improve the layout / usability is:

1. The layout would look a lot tidier if all threads were like this one for example, that looks really nice. By that I mean don't show the first post at the top of every page of the thread and remove the rectangle at the left with the up-vote arrow in.

2. On the main forum view an option to hide the right hand sidebar like on the forum before the upgrade would be a nice addition.

Other than that I think everything looks pretty professional and neat, please don't take my feedback in any other way than constructive! :)

The forum is a mess on my Optimus G Pro (Kit Kat & Chrome).  

Overlapping & misplaced text, huge minispy, sometimes a new thread title box is covered by the tags box & sometimes not, the editor is sluggish, IMG tags are a crap shoot, the New Post and nav buttons need be duplicated to the top etc..

The only plus I see is that I can now insert images & links and have text styles.

May I just add that choosing to do this upgrade, JUST as Windows 10 rolled out to public release... well could the person(s) who chose this date, please hand in their tech card at the door.

• Like 1

May I just add that choosing to do this upgrade, JUST as Windows 10 rolled out to public release... well could the person(s) who chose this date, please hand in their tech card at the door.

yeah, we are not talking about it much here, as to be gentle to owners of the site (that we are used to spending a lot of time at)....  

but it was DUMB DUMB DUMB decision, after testing it for 6! months, to roll it out, at the same time  as windows 10 comes,

taking 3! days to get it working, and finally activating it to public, even while knowing that it is full of bugs....

windows 10 release should have being the top news to talk about  (remember -  neowin was born out of longhorn news, so this should have being a PRIORITY)

damn.... like a weight of my chest.            /i am disappoint

I had signatures disabled (some of you perverts made it uncomfortable to have neowin open at work :p) and see this random giant white space. The height differs from user to user and I am guessing it is just hiding the signature image but not collapsing it?

Capture.thumb.JPG.b47a2da169713e52725455

• Like 2

I had signatures disabled (some of you perverts made it uncomfortable to have neowin open at work :p) and see this random giant white space. The height differs from user to user and I am guessing it is just hiding the signature image but not collapsing it?

Does it vary with the height of each member's user panel? E.g. the element's height is here determined by Timan's user name, stars, avatar, group name and badge, rating, posts, location, etc.

I think the mobile skin is broken due to ipb upgrades. I'll look into it this weekend.

Please don't forget the Windows Phone user/s :laugh:

Capture.thumb.JPG.b47a2da169713e52725455

yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about and the size of that left user pane and the size of the avatars, is in my opinion, too large. It means I can see at most 2 posts on the screen at any one time if I'm lucky and feel like I have a lot of white all over the place.