Long boot times

Anyone noticing abnormally long boot times with Windows 10? I thought maybe it was because I was on prerelease builds but it hasn't gotten better. My keyboard backlight stays off and as soon as it lights up, the booting finishes. I thought maybe it w as a hardware problem with the keyboard and unplugged it but boot is still super slow. Anyone else noticing this? Any good way for me to trouble shoot what is causing it? I am using a Samsung 840 Pro with OS provisioning on so it should be ultra fast.

What is "abnormally long?" My SP2 upgrade has been an absolute nightmare, but I finally got it working. It boots in comparable times compared to W8.1, maybe slightly slower (1-2 seconds).

MUCH longer than 8.1 upgrades. It stays on the flag logo screen sometimes as long as 10-15 minutes. Then the keyboard backlight comes on and it boots to desktop.

And here I was thinking 30 seconds was a lot longer than the 17-18 I had gotten used to with Windows 7. I thought it was supposed to be faster not slower. :laugh:

I've read that if you're using a samsung ssd with rapid mode on that it can actually slow Windows 10 down in certain ways, such as boot times. So if that's you then it might be worth turning rapid mode off until Samsung releases an official version of their magician software for 10.

And here I was thinking 30 seconds was a lot longer than the 17-18 I had gotten used to with Windows 7. I thought it was supposed to be faster not slower. :laugh:

I've read that if you're using a samsung ssd with rapid mode on that it can actually slow Windows 10 down in certain ways, such as boot times. So if that's you then it might be worth turning rapid mode off until Samsung releases an official version of their magician software for 10.

thank you, I will disable it right now and see.