Prevent Windows 10 from Uninstalling Media Centre?

Hi, is there anyway of preventing Windows 10 upgrade from installing Windows Media Centre. It's the main (indeed the only) way I consume TV on my UHD TV. My TV does have built in EPG, but this completely sucks when compared to the EPG in WMC. There are other media centre software options for TV, however none have very good start up times and on the whole, recording and EPG suck on these too. (Yes I have tried XBMC/Kody, Media Portal and others.)

I do want to upgrade to Windows 10, however the fact that I won't be able to watch TV if I do is really preventing me.

I have thought of perhaps renaming my ehomes folder (that contains WMC) to ehomes.bak and backing up the WMC registry entries also. But I have no idea what these registry entries are, if if this would even work?

To make things worse I only paid for my WMC version a few months ago and now Microsoft are threatening to take it off me.

MC was tightly integrated into the core OS, it's not just an application that runs along side the system. Windows 10 doesn't support the same internal codecs as in previous versions of Windows. For example, a vanilla install of W10 can't play DVD's - it doesn't have the MPEG2 codecs (whereas WMC did). MS have said they will provide DVD playback later, but this shows how much core functionality (that WMC relies on) has been removed from the OS itself.

So unfortunately unless someone comes up with an extremely hacked install, it's very doubtful this would ever work.

The only way I can think of is using a virtual machine and running it from there :/ 

As BoondockSaint said Media Center has been deprecated. This is due to licensing issues. Since Windows 10 was going to be given for free to a vast majority of users, Microsoft did not wanted to pay fees.

If you aren't able to use alternatives, you'll have to either dual boot (fresh install to a separate partition/HDD) or dedicate a machine to WMC I'm afraid.

To make things worse I only paid for my WMC version a few months ago and now Microsoft are threatening to take it off me.

Well, that is inconvenient though Microsoft did say back in May that WMC would not be available in Windows 10.  Unless someone really makes a hack which would allow it to run on 10 ... your only options are Kodi, Plex, MediaPortal, JRiver (and I'm sure there are more) or stick with Windows 8 and the WMC you paid for.