iPhone 6s overheats

Turn the LED Flash off until it cools down.

It is not all rosy with the "pretty in pink" iPhone.  The expensive flagship phone overheats and the fix is to turn  the LED flash off until the phone cools down.  

The problem is Apple fanboyrs frantically taking selfies of themselves in their darknened mum's basement using the phone's camera and flash, causes the phone will overheat. The iOS 9 won't let you turn on the flash until the phone cool's down. This is actually a good thing as probably without it, the phone could experience a serious damage, but you would have thought that Apple would have factored in the narsassitic over use of the selfie function by Apple fans. 

Some users also report that the iPhone 6S and the 6S Plus are running significantly hotter than the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Users report that the iPhone 6s gets to a toasty 102 Fahrenheit / Celsius 38.9.

Last year's model would hit up to 90 Fahrenheit / 32.2 Celsius. People on that Redit thread noticed that the Facebook app was eating quite a lot of battery in the back ground. The overheating might have to do with the fact that Apple uses more Multiasking with the new iOS and probably needs time to master the battery use on the new iOS.. 

All this makes us wonder if the Apple A9 processor really is a 14nm processor. We will have to wait and see when this gets confirmed. Apple is probably on the phone name asking Qualcomm what it did when its Snapdragon 810 device started breathing fire.. 

This might be the reason that another chap was experimenting by putting the phone in the water for 30 minutes. The theory is that Apple has some kind of new water protection that it didn’t announce. Apple didn’t want to make a big deal about it, as otherwise people would be dipping their phones in the water just to make sure that they will work.  Then again if the iPhone 6s's catch fire they might have to.

Sauce:

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/mobile/38878-iphone-6s-overheats-for-some

Interesting. I'll test it out. On the other hand, that is an atrociously written article.

yeah I know! Looks like it was written by grade school. ( not to mention obviously anti-apple bias)

Interesting. I'll test it out. On the other hand, that is an atrociously written article.

I know right?!
Quickly thrown together to bash Apple by the look of it. Will be interesting to see if the issue actually has any merit behind it. LED's aren't exactly known for their heat generating abilities.

• Like 1

Weird that an article from a site called "Fudzilla" wouldn't be any good. My LG G3 overheats every now and then; one of the things it does is set the screen brightness really low and you can't put it up until it cools down.

It certainly does sound suspicious. With all of the components in a smartphone that do generate heat, it's odd that the LED is singled out. Mind you it could be that another part is overheating, and letting the phone sit "while the LED cools" is actually allowing that other part to cool down.

It isn't impossible, and it could be that another component is overheating while the LED is being blamed. But I'm skeptical until some more reports emerge.

I'm no fan of Apple, but this just doesn't sound right.

LED's actually get very hot, especially birght ones and need cooling as unlike lightbulbs their heat goes straight to the electronics and can damage it. sure the flash led isn't super high power but enough to create heat in addition to the system chip

depends whats on the LED circuit board in the phone, it could need to store a certain amount of power in prep for the flash to be used, in this case its completely possible the supporting system negates the heat build up by not allowing the charge to build up/ restricts the flash beforehand. may not be the root cause of the flaw, but indirectly negates the heat build up.

Contrary to popular belief LEDs do emit heat, a good test is fit GU10 LEDs around your home, leave them on for 2+ hours then try to touch the lenses of the LEDs.....heat! they generate a lot less heat that other illumination but still generate heat, a LED flash would be 10x worse,

depends whats on the LED circuit board in the phone, it could need to store a certain amount of power in prep for the flash to be used, in this case its completely possible the supporting system negates the heat build up by not allowing the charge to build up/ restricts the flash beforehand. may not be the root cause of the flaw, but indirectly negates the heat build up.

Contrary to popular belief LEDs do emit heat, a good test is fit GU10 LEDs around your home, leave them on for 2+ hours then try to touch the lenses of the LEDs.....heat! they generate a lot less heat that other illumination but still generate heat, a LED flash would be 10x worse,

Well to be tchnical. the LED electronics generate heat, close to the wattage of the LED. but unlike other lights the LED does not radiate heat. this is also part of the problem as electronics are heat sensitive and the LED itself will be damaged from heat, but since it doesn't radiate the heat, even if it's less heat, it stays with the light. hence why some powerful LED spots actually have tiny fans, and most all have built in heat sinks(the structured surfaces isn't or looks). 

I have alloy light bars on my mini quad copter. they're just 3 and 5 Watts(depending on length) the alloy(aluminium) plate they're on gets so hot they're painfull to touch after they've been on a while though and will melt the hot melt glue. Granted a phone LED flash isn't 3 Watts, but its pretty powerful and it's not mounted to a 12 or 15 cm aluminium plate either. 

The problem is Apple fanboyrs frantically taking selfies of themselves in their darknened mum's basement

Wow, that was horrid. Unprofessional journalism, indeed.

• Like 1