Microsoft Office 2016 not showing up on our Office 365 account

Question

We have an Office 365 (Pro Plus) account at work.

The Portal only lets us install Office 2013.

eb_off13-16-1.thumb.png.17566435a9c0d62d

I believe Office 2016 was released around two weeks ago.

Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

It will show up in the portal in February. For immediate access, the admin needs to enable First Release. See this article:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/educloud/archive/2015/09/24/how-can-i-get-the-new-2016-version-of-office-365-proplus-today.aspx

Another workaround, which I used myself, is to change the ''&version=O15GA'' in the download link to ''&version=O16GA''

• Like 2

It will show up in the portal in February. For immediate access, the admin needs to enable First Release. See this article:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/educloud/archive/2015/09/24/how-can-i-get-the-new-2016-version-of-office-365-proplus-today.aspx

I've now enabled it for the entire organization.

It took a few minutes but it now shows (Y)

eb_off13-16-2.thumb.png.6532e07046784456

Another workaround, which I used myself, is to change the ''&version=O15GA'' in the download link to ''&version=O16GA''

But will it activate correctly?  I downloaded 2016 from my personal account and when it upgraded it grabbed my work credentials and said I didn't have a valid license for 2016.  Would downloading it from my company portal with the change in the download link be any different?

But will it activate correctly?  I downloaded 2016 from my personal account and when it upgraded it grabbed my work credentials and said I didn't have a valid license for 2016.  Would downloading it from my company portal with the change in the download link be any different?

In my case it did.

Note that it will only activate if you install the edition which belongs to your subscription. The edition is indicated in the download link by ProductreleaseID. Personal accounts (Home, Personal, University) use O365HomePremRetail, whereas ProPlus uses O365ProPlusRetail. So you can't use work credentials to activate a personal edition.

In my case it did.

Note that it will only activate if you install the edition which belongs to your subscription. The edition is indicated in the download link by ProductreleaseID. Personal accounts (Home, Personal, University) use O365HomePremRetail, whereas ProPlus uses O365ProPlusRetail. So you can't use work credentials to activate a personal edition.

That makes perfect sense.  I may try it on Monday...