Classic Game Room basically shutting down after 8 years on Youtube

Not sure how many of you follow Classic Game Room over on Youtube (and it's own website of course) but Mark the man himself who reviews games in space, is basically shutting down production on CGR (for the most part) and CGR Undertow (completely shutting down production). Here's the forum post by Mark:

Greetings from the Intergalactic Space Arcade.

There’s many changes upon us. The Classic Game Room web store, and many of the interactive features on our website will be closing by the end of the year.

With the closing of our web store, it’s unlikely that we’ll re-order t-shirts, DVDs or beer mugs when they sell out. We may not even sell them next year. If you’ve had your eyes on CGR or Undertow DVDs and gear, now is the time to get them.

CGR Undertow will cease production by the end of the year. Thank you to all of the fans who have supported Undertow and the creators of the show. I’ve witnessed many smiles when positive comments come in, or a box of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arrives at the door!

I’m going to be entering another phase of my life soon and will be concentrating on my writing, art and another career outside of the gaming industry. I plan to continue CGR as a hobby. The show originally started as a hobby, so in a way it will be returning to its roots. I certainly have enough games to keep me busy!

Thank you for being the best fans in the universe. I’ve always enjoyed that CGR has been appreciated for a being a positive review show. We’re happy that our films and products have been well received. Please give a round of applause for the amazing CGR Team who has worked hard behind the scenes to keep this crazy train rolling. Personally, I think we’ve done the best job shipping products in the galaxy! You wouldn’t believe the work that goes into carefully packing things and dropping them from orbit!

There will be a new production schedule next year, I’m not sure what form it will take yet or where the shows will be. Please continue to follow, and once again, thank you.

Mark

Pretty sad news. I've been watching Mark and his videos since 2007 or so when he started them and I even remember when they were on AOL I think back in 1998 doing basic reviews even then. In a climate of such negative insanity in video reviews on Youtube these days, it was always nice to hear Mark's reviews and takes on games as he was always positive, even when a game was a steaming pile. So, in whatever way Mark and CGR continue in 2016 I welcome it. But I also wish him well in his art and comics (since that's obviously what he's going to be doing full time now) and hope he does swimmingly well. 

• Like 1