Login cookie is expiring WAY too fast

I've noticed that last few weeks (maybe longer, I'm becoming immune to the 4.0 issues I suppose) my login cookie seems to be expiring every day or two. It seems if I log in on a Monday morning for instance that by Tuesday night, I need to log in again - and this is not just happening on one system. Its happening on my windows desktops/laptops as well as my Android devices so its not just a system clearing out the cookie.  I used to get frustrated when that darned login cookie would expire every week or so but almost daily? This is a tech site, not my bank!

Anyone else seeing this?

As an update, my login cookie just expired simply going from a front page news story *the holographic video story) back to the front page.

Edited by Zag L.

it could be your cookie is corrupt. have you tried deleting any cookie related to neowin then logging back in?
that should give you a fresh cookie that will hopefully function correctly

sure, I can believe the cookie is corrupt on a single device but I log into Neowin on 6 different devices (sometimes all the same day) and they all seems to have the issue. I don't think I've suddenly corrupted the Neowin (and only Neowin) cookie on all 6 devices. That said, I'll gladly give it a try.

hmm, maybe the number of devices is the key?

does neowin have a limit on how many devices can stay logged in at a time? that's the only other thing i can think of as I have no issue with staying logged in (i only browse neowin on 2 different devices, my home computer and my work computer. occasionally on my phone as well but not often)

edit: outside of that the only other thing that comes to mind is an issue with your neowin account. maybe @Steven P. or someone can take a look into this possibility

I have the same issue. Sometimes it acts like a session cookie and not persistent at all.

Other times, I click login on the home page, and enter my info, and it takes me to the login page to login again.

I have the same issue. Sometimes it acts like a session cookie and not persistent at all.

Other times, I click login on the home page, and enter my info, and it takes me to the login page to login again.

the login page on the Home Page is not functional atm due to a bug in IPB 4 causing it not to hook in properly. this is a know issue not related to the OPs issue

Same issue here. Been happening for a while. In fact, just had to delete my neowin cookies to login this time. Using current version of Palemoon on Windows 7 Ultimate. Happens on all 6 Windows 7 machines no matter the browser actually.