Defence Corporations stocks rise after Paris attacks

The terror attacks in France on Friday sparked sharp stock moves in at least two US sectors.Several large defence companies rose amid speculation that governments may look to ramp-up their offensive against Islamic terrorist group Isis in the wake of the worst terrorist attack in Europe since 2004.Northrop Grumman, the maker of the Global Hawk drone surveillance aircraft, climbed 3.1 per cent to $184.42. Lockheed Martin, one of the companies behind the F-22 fighter jet, jumped 2.6 per cent to $218.58, while Raytheon, which develops the Tomahawk cruise missile, rose 2.7 per cent to $120.42.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/55f67ffa-8c7f-11e5-8be4-3506bf20cc2b.html

The term "sickening" would be an understatement....Capitalism at its finest

For context: Northrop Grumman just won a large government contract (possibly $80B), Raytheon has been on a run since well before the attacks and Lockheed Martin is in the same situation.

Bottom line: I don't see a there, there.

For context: Northrop Grumman just won a large government contract (possibly $80B), Raytheon has been on a run since well before the attacks and Lockheed Martin is in the same situation.

Bottom line: I don't see a there, there.

Nope.  ALL of those stocks rose immediately after the Paris attacks.  It takes 3 minutes of google searching for the history of their stock prices.  I suggest doing that before trying to spin this next time...

Nope.  ALL of those stocks rose immediately after the Paris attacks.  It takes 3 minutes of google searching for the history of their stock prices.  I suggest doing that before trying to spin this next time...

Correlation is not causation