W10 BlueScreen - Installing VMs

Have you tried turning off 3D Acceleration in the VM settings?

Hmm.. Just noticed something..

3D Graphics Acceleration was enabled. VMWare tools weren't installed.

Edit:

Just crashed while trying to change resolution from 800x600. =/

Edited by BinaryData

Curious if this is a pre-existing VM of Ubuntu, or if you are trying to do a new installation from ISO?

New Installation from an ISO. I got it to work, but I have to pre-set the resolution with VMWare instead of OS based. Otherwise it'll bluescreen my laptop.

What do you mean, T3X4S?

When you create or edit a VM, there is a setting for hardware version, I cant remember where exactly it hides - but sometimes - it can help with compatibility issues.

Other than that - do you have the Virtual settings config'd in your BIOS ?  Its not mandatory because you dont have to enable (VT-X ?) in the VM guest - but I have run into issues with that before.

Im sorry I can't show screenshots, I dont have VMWare Wx installed right now - but I can tell you the VMWare support KB is pretty large.  :/ Hope that helps a little

If you dont have to have VMWare - can you try Virtualbox ?

UPDATE - what if you turn off intel VT and disable in VMWare ?

When you create or edit a VM, there is a setting for hardware version, I cant remember where exactly it hides - but sometimes - it can help with compatibility issues.

Other than that - do you have the Virtual settings config'd in your BIOS ?  Its not mandatory because you dont have to enable (VT-X ?) in the VM guest - but I have run into issues with that before.

Im sorry I can't show screenshots, I dont have VMWare Wx installed right now - but I can tell you the VMWare support KB is pretty large.  :/ Hope that helps a little

If you dont have to have VMWare - can you try Virtualbox ?

I think I may have figured out what was going on. I had the Integrated card set as the primary for VMWare, but my global setting was for my NVidia 950M. I'm going to re-enable the settings I changed, and see what happens. I think Windows 10 was crashing because of the GFX Card not being able to handle what I wanted.

I'm not a huge fan of VirtualBox. I've had plenty of issues with it. I'm sticking with VMWare because of all the extra features and I'm trying to learn ESXi and other things. Part of my self-schooling.

Edit:

It was also wanting 768MB of video card memory, which my integrated card can't do. I think its only 128mb, lol.