ISIS says soda can bomb detonated on Russian plane got the wrong target

A few days after the Paris attacks that left hundreds dead and injured, Russia confirmed that a homemade explosive device was detonated on board MetroJet Flight 9268 in October, killing all 224 passengers. Since then, ISIS published images of the bomb that was detonated inside the airplane, saying that the Russian flight wasn’t the original target. Instead, ISIS wanted to shoot down a Western plane.

The items pictured in the magazine could have been sufficient for a suicide bomber to trigger the explosive device, former Royal Navy bomb disposal officer Dave Welch told The Telegraph. “The damage caused would be quite significant given the pressure caused by the explosion and the close confines within an aircraft. It would be quite capable of ripping a hole in an airliner,” he said.

More..
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/isis-says-soda-bomb-detonated-russian-plane-got-151825789.html

I don't think the US, France or Russia gives a flying frack what excuse IS makes at this point. 

...and maybe after the execution of a Chinese hostage by ISIS ... China will get involved in the fight.  If anything, I hope (though doubt)...that ISIS will bring together the global superpowers in an united effort to rid the earth of these scum.

Just let the Uyghur IS faction blow the hell out of a Chinese city and they'll be in too.

http://thediplomat.com/2015/03/chinese-official-uyghurs-joining-islamic-state/

Chinese Official: Uyghurs Joining Islamic State

Xinjiang’s party secretary tells reporters some Uyghurs have joined Islamic State, raising security concerns.

shannon-tiezzi
March 12, 2015

1.7k Shares

Xinjiang’s Party secretary told journalists on Tuesday that the Islamic State (IS) is successfully recruiting Uyghurs to join its ranks. Secretary Zhang Chunxian made the remarks in a press conference held on the sidelines of China’s National People’s Congress.

China’s Global Times had previously reported that around 300 Chinese nationals were fighting alongside IS. Last September, the Iraqi Defense Ministry claimed to have captured a Chinese national involved in the fighting. However, this was the first time a Chinese official publicly drew a link between Xinjiang extremists and ISIS

>

...and maybe after the execution of a Chinese hostage by ISIS ... China will get involved in the fight.  If anything, I hope (though doubt)...that ISIS will bring together the global superpowers in an united effort to rid the earth of these scum.

I always thought it would be an alien invasion that did that, but those Islamists may as well be considered to be from another planet.