Looking for a WP plugin

Question

Hi guys. I need to find a plugin for Wordpress that can help me with my issue. In short, I am looking for something that will let users register on the website by completing a CUSTOM form (not the default WP registration form) with any number of custom fields defined by me. Also, the users should be able to change these details later if they wish, in their profile.

So far I found UPME, this one is extremely close to what I need, but unfortunately it doesn't support conditional logic for the forms. There are some dropdown fields on the form and some other fields should show up or don't based on the user's choice. Gravity Forms works perfectly and supports conditional logic, but I can't link it to the WP registration. Well, I could, via the User Registration addon, but that one doesn't add custom fields on the user's profile...

So, any suggestions? :) Thank you.

14 answers to this question

you could always try jotform and integrate the form into your website.

You would of course need to hook the submission data in with with wordpress registration somehow.... 

On 11/23/2015, 3:57:31, _kane81 said:

you could always try jotform and integrate the form into your website.

You would of course need to hook the submission data in with with wordpress registration somehow.... 

I managed to come up with something, using Gravity Forms + Gravity Forms user registration addon and user meta manager plugin. I'm creating the custom fields in ump, then I'm mapping them with the form's fields via the user registration addon. But I still have 2 issues with this: I need a way to stop showing the empty fields (not all the form fields are mandatory, so some will not be filled by the user) in the user's profile and a way to let the user hide certain profile info from guests and other users... :s

On 11/21/2015, 10:40:44, TDT said:

Hi guys. I need to find a plugin for Wordpress that can help me with my issue. In short, I am looking for something that will let users register on the website by completing a CUSTOM form (not the default WP registration form) with any number of custom fields defined by me. Also, the users should be able to change these details later if they wish, in their profile.

So far I found UPME, this one is extremely close to what I need, but unfortunately it doesn't support conditional logic for the forms. There are some dropdown fields on the form and some other fields should show up or don't based on the user's choice. Gravity Forms works perfectly and supports conditional logic, but I can't link it to the WP registration. Well, I could, via the User Registration addon, but that one doesn't add custom fields on the user's profile...

So, any suggestions? :) Thank you.

You can do your conditional logic with js.

21 minutes ago, neoraptor said:

You can do your conditional logic with js.

Well I'm sure I can, but I forgot to mention: I'm not good with web programming :) That's why I'm trying to take the easiest way I can via plugins.

5 minutes ago, TDT said:

Hmm this looks nice. But I think it's missing the most important thing: conditional logic on the custom fields :(

That's the problem with plugins; it is hard to find the exact one you want. I use several User plugins daily and so far, I've not seen any that include Conditional Logic. That feature is usually given to form-centric plugins, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Jack W said:

That's the problem with plugins; it is hard to find the exact one you want. I use several User plugins daily and so far, I've not seen any that include Conditional Logic. That feature is usually given to form-centric plugins, unfortunately.

Exactly. Gravity forms has it, but doesn't have other stuff that I need. Other plugins have what GF has, but no conditional logic. Like I said, I wrapped up something with GF and some other plugins, but I still can't find a way to hide empty custom fields from the user's profile and to let the user choose if a certain field is public or private...

10 hours ago, TDT said:

Exactly. Gravity forms has it, but doesn't have other stuff that I need. Other plugins have what GF has, but no conditional logic. Like I said, I wrapped up something with GF and some other plugins, but I still can't find a way to hide empty custom fields from the user's profile and to let the user choose if a certain field is public or private...

If you can pop me a PM with a user account for your site that has permissions to edit theme files i'll take a look when I'm out of work. Might just be a few if/else PHP statements, but I'll need to see how Gravity Forms handles it, should be possible though.

8 hours ago, Jack W said:

Actually this might be just what you want: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-member/

Ohh, thank you so much man, you're right, at least on paper it seems it's exactly what I want/need. But you know, if it sounds too good to be true... :p I'll test it a little later and see.

P.S. You seem to know your way around WP themes, may I ask you a question about a small Issue I'm having with my theme? I have a slider after the page header, then the home page content starts. The slider's height was set by default to 450px, but it was too big for me, so I've set it to 350px. Now there's a space between where the slider ends and the page content begins. Where on earth can I change this??

52 minutes ago, TDT said:

Ohh, thank you so much man, you're right, at least on paper it seems it's exactly what I want/need. But you know, if it sounds too good to be true... :p I'll test it a little later and see.

P.S. You seem to know your way around WP themes, may I ask you a question about a small Issue I'm having with my theme? I have a slider after the page header, then the home page content starts. The slider's height was set by default to 450px, but it was too big for me, so I've set it to 350px. Now there's a space between where the slider ends and the page content begins. Where on earth can I change this??

I'm a full-time WordPress developer ;) Drop me a PM with the site URL and I'll take a look.

FYI Jotform has really easy conditional logic for display of fields. You select a field and say when to show / hide based on a field or a value - super easy.