iPhone Monitoring

A customer of mine has asked me if it would be possible for me to help setup a spy/monitor program to track their teenager. I have never done this and I told them they should talk to the child and see the phone but they dont want to avoid conflicts during the holidays, etc. The phone was updated IOS9 and has a passcode from what he said.

Anyhow I am lost here. I know you need to jailbreak a phone first and then you can download and purchase some programs like Mspy or others.

Can anyone tell me what is the best type of program to monitor a childs iPhone and if the phone is Jailbroken is there a way to not have them know it is? Alternatively if the phone is jailbroken, monitor software installed and then you remove the jailbreak will the stealth program still work?

I am really lost here.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, flynempire said:

A customer of mine has asked me if it would be possible for me to help setup a spy/monitor program to track their teenager. I have never done this and I told them they should talk to the child and see the phone but they dont want to avoid conflicts during the holidays, etc. The phone was updated IOS9 and has a passcode from what he said.

Anyhow I am lost here. I know you need to jailbreak a phone first and then you can download and purchase some programs like Mspy or others.

Can anyone tell me what is the best type of program to monitor a childs iPhone and if the phone is Jailbroken is there a way to not have them know it is? Alternatively if the phone is jailbroken, monitor software installed and then you remove the jailbreak will the stealth program still work?

I am really lost here.

Thanks

The parent should add apps and activate on their child's phone and start monitoring:

This one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/find-my-iphone/id376101648?mt=8

or this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/find-my-friends/id466122094?mt=8

No jailbreak needed.

FYI: No jailbreak available for iOS 9.1 yet.

Works fine no matter if it's jailbroken or not.

Taz, I don't think that's what they want to do.

and I told them they should talk to the child and see the phone

implies they want to see the content on the phone (photos, messages etc) and not just track location.

3 minutes ago, jasondefaoite said:

Taz, I don't think that's what they want to do.

implies they want to see the content on the phone (photos, messages etc) and not just track location.

In that case, use the same appleid account with icloud enabled on all devices. 

If it was me who have a teenager, I wouldn't do that icloud/appleid option.. I would ask him/her to give me the phone so I can check and see it's all good or not...   if trouble, I keep the phone until he/she's no longer grounded.

That's simple.

Yeah they want to see everything. Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc. Speaking of iCloud. It does not seem all the apps are turned on to backup to iCloud.

They have the credentials. If a full backup was done to iCloud could they then see things? I heard there are some spy programs where you did not need access to the phone just access to the backup in iCloud and it can read everything even data deleted.

Is this true?

2 minutes ago, flynempire said:

Yeah they want to see everything. Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc. Speaking of iCloud. It does not seem all the apps are turned on to backup to iCloud.

They have the credentials. If a full backup was done to iCloud could they then see things? I heard there are some spy programs where you did not need access to the phone just access to the backup in iCloud and it can read everything even data deleted.

Is this true?

Yes it's true.   Like I said no jailbreak needed.   Works out of the box.

Good to know. I still may want to jailbreak if they can get me access.

Do you think if jailbreak is done and spy is installed I could then remove the jailbreak and have the spy program still run on the phone and they dont know?

I was told that Jailbreak is not hidden and they can see that so the icloud options makes the best sense as long as I have access.

Regards,

9 minutes ago, flynempire said:

Good to know. I still may want to jailbreak if they can get me access.

Do you think if jailbreak is done and spy is installed I could then remove the jailbreak and have the spy program still run on the phone and they dont know?

I was told that Jailbreak is not hidden and they can see that so the icloud options makes the best sense as long as I have access.

Regards,

That's fine but  remember, jailbreak is not available for iOS 9.1   

Like I said before, you don't need to jailbreak in order to install spy/track app...   Works out of the box.

The spy program is hidden so it can not be tampered by kids.