MSI GP72 Leopard Pro-002 Gaming Laptop

Link to Product: Here

Price I Paid: $986

What did I buy it for?

I bought this laptop for two different tasks. I bought this particular laptop because it was in my price range, and had all the hardware I needed. I use it for two things: Gaming, and Virtual Machines. I knew that if it could handle Virtual Machines, and Gaming, that Programming/Web Designing would be possible as well.

Pros

I've had nothing but pure happiness with this laptop. It runs everything I need it too. It has a wide variety of offerings, including a separate fan that you can control to increase the cooling. Something that I found is nifty when gaming or doing a lot of heavy processing. The other pro is that it doesn't come loaded with a bunch of crapware. It does come with some pre-installed choices, but not a whole lot.

Cons

The fan that you can control is super noisy. It sounds like a jet taking off. Updating software, firmware, was a giant pain. Since my OS was originally Windows 8.1, and I upgraded to Windows 10, I had to use the Windows 8.1 Updates, otherwise it wouldn't work. Now, there are two more things I found to be slightly obnoxious: 1. No Recovery partition. 2. Primary HDD was partition for 2 drives. One last con that I found was, you can't upgrade your own memory or HDD without voiding warranty. You have to send the laptop in, and pay them to do it.

Suggestions on how I can write better reviews? PM me!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Aheer.R.S. said:

How is it fairing? One month's use..

Pretty good. Though the biggest issue is upgrading HDD/RAM. You have to void warranty to do it, otherwise I'd be rocking a M.2 & 16GB of Memory.

• Like 1

Only critique of this review, would be to add some photos of your laptop. I know you can find stock photos, or photos from other reviews, but nice to see photos coming from the reviewer. Other than that, I liked the review. By the way, there is a recovery partition. You can find the instructions here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZAKvmoMcA, but if you wiped the drives or re-partitioned them, it was probably lost.

On 1/24/2016 at 11:36 AM, Circaflex said:

Only critique of this review, would be to add some photos of your laptop. I know you can find stock photos, or photos from other reviews, but nice to see photos coming from the reviewer. Other than that, I liked the review. By the way, there is a recovery partition. You can find the instructions here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZAKvmoMcA, but if you wiped the drives or re-partitioned them, it was probably lost.

I'll post extra pictures. I have a few other reviews to make, with my Media Server being built.

Thanks, Circaflex!