Try Windows 10 Mobile again?

Upgrade my Lumia 1520 to Windows 10 Mobile?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• Take a chance and test it out.
    • Stick with 8.1 until you replace the phone.
    • Go ahead and switch.

A couple months ago I tried Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 1520. While it had some great ideas, it just wasn't stable enough for my needs. The camera app would frequently not save the pics I took, and would often open apps at random in my pocket. The clincher was when the Mail app stopped responding completely when I was waiting for updates on my car repair.

But a couple months and reports of new builds later, I'm wondering if I should give it another try. I'm considering getting a new phone at this point, and while I was planning on getting the 950XL, after my experience with 10 before, I'm really thinking I need to test it out before committing to the new OS. Or I could just switch, probably to an iPhone since my experiences with Android weren't all that great.

• 2 weeks later...

As with Dot Matrix, my 950XL has been getting better and better with each build. I've gone from liking it to loving it, truly feels like a flagship device. Personally, I wouldn't want to run such a large OS upgrade on an older device, I'd just go and buy a newer model.

Well, as I said in my status, I did try WM10 again o the L1520. After a week and a couple of build installs it was completely locking up ever few hours. This was the production ring rather than Insider Builds.

I'm now using an iPhone. I don't like the UI anywhere near as much, but it runs well.