Call of Duty: Black Ops sales jump 13,000% following Xbox One backward compatibility update

not bad. Now, bring up Call of Duty 2 and 3.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/call_of_duty_black_ops/news/call_of_duty_black_ops_sales_jump_13_000_following_xbox_one_backward_compatibility_update.html

Sales of the original Call of Duty: Black Ops have soared by 13,400% on Amazon following the game's addition to Xbox One backward compatibility yesterday. Sales of the budget Classics version, meanwhile, had increased by 6,877% at the time of writing.

The jump puts the Xbox 360 version of Black Ops at No.2 on Amazon's hourly PC & Video Games sales chart, sitting behind Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and ahead of DOOM. It had previously ranked at No.270 in the sales chart.

Black Ops was first announced for Xbox One's backward compatibility service last year, following its release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC in November 2010. The game was the first in the series to introduce Call of Duty's popular Zombies feature as a separate mode, and is still regularly played by people online.

The latest game in the Black Ops franchise, Black Ops 3, launched last year, with this year's Call of Duty, Infinite Warfare, set to arrive this November.

That's cool, if the same can happen to other older games added to BC then more and more publishers will agree to add their titles to the list.  Sure they probably won't get that huge of a jump, it is CoD we're talking about here, but any jump would be welcome to them.

1 minute ago, George P said:

That's cool, if the same can happen to other older games added to BC then more and more publishers will agree to add their titles to the list.  Sure they probably won't get that huge of a jump, it is CoD we're talking about here, but any jump would be welcome to them.

What is wrong with COD?

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

What is wrong with COD?

Nothing, I mean this type of jump happens exactly because it's COD and not some other title, hate it or love it COD is a top seller next to GTA and a few others.  So what I mean is that if this does happen to other games they probably won't see this type of 13,000% jump in sales like COD did, heck they could see something like, 200%, depending on the game.

Multiplayer works as well, impressed. Thought only single player was made backwards compatible. Will be asking the mates to jump on for old times sake later today, glad I never get rid of any of my old titles.