Does Chrome still suck? Also, why are you using Firefox?

I switched back to Firefox a few years ago because Chrome was such a memory hog (or something like that). Is Google Chrome still like that?

Also, why are you using Firefox when you can use Chrome?

I put off using Chrome for years, mostly due to Firefox looking better, and I love the way the plugins/addons interact. On Chrome they seem so clumbsy. but lately firefox is so broken for me. Features on sites such as javascript jquery whatever just stops working, until i restart the browser.  Such as likeing on facebook, reply boxes, etc.

Once I finally gave up Firefox as an option, Chrome started to finally look really nice, and it functions well. No memory hog problems, but then again I have more than enough memory.

Extensions still dont work as intuitively as they do on firefox, such as LastPass.

• Like 2

Just now, blank said:

I put off using Chrome for years, mostly due to Firefox looking better, and I love the way the plugins/addons interact. On Chrome they seem so clumbsy. but lately firefox is so broken for me. Features on sites such as javascript jquery whatever just stops working, until i restart the browser.  Such as likeing on facebook, reply boxes, etc.

Once I finally gave up Firefox as an option, Chrome started to finally look really nice, and it functions well. No memory hog problems, but then again I have more than enough memory.

Extensions still dont work as intuitively as they do on firefox, such as LastPass.

Thanks for letting me know about the extensions as I use LastPass extensively.

• Like 1

I can get by with Chrome, but it still annoys me.

The way I have Firefox set up, I'm like a web browsing ninja.

I think it should be the opposite. A few years ago I switched from Firefox to Chrome because Firefox always felt like an unresponsive mess in comparison. It still feels that way.

IMO,

Chrome is the biggest POS for a browser there is! Always has been and probably always will be.

On any of my 8 machines, whether Linux or Windows, Firefox is simply smoother running and faster than Chrome any day of the week.

I use Chrome because it just works, I refuse to load up my browser with useless addons, plugins and scripts, which is pretty much the only reason to still use FF these days 

This is reinforced daily as I'm stuck using IE and FF at work and they are just bad, and this is someone who held off using chrome for quite a while, till I realized my problem was FF and it's horrid performance , I still have it installed, but only fired up to make sure it's updated and nothing else, and IE/Edge, never, that crap is worse than FF and chrome combined 

it feels like the other way around.. occasionally Chrome does throw some RAM bumps up to 300-400 MB's but still has been for a long time much faster than FF.

Another one for Chrome ... as Anibal said ... it just works....stable...fast...memory usage is of no concern.  Dumped Firefox many years ago...though I'm sure it is fine.  I never have understood these types of threads ... x sucks! No ... y sucks!  (though I think we can agree Edge sucks) :)

bah...use whatever you want.

40 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

IMO,

Chrome is the biggest POS for a browser there is! Always has been and probably always will be.

On any of my 8 machines, whether Linux or Windows, Firefox is simply smoother running and faster than Chrome any day of the week.

I wouldn't agree that Edge sucks. It's just that in comparison to Firefox and Chrome it's about 5 years behind in features. So maybe in 5 or 6 year it'll be usable? Hopefully? Maybe?

58 minutes ago, FiB3R said:

I can get by with Chrome, but it still annoys me.

The way I have Firefox set up, I'm like a web browsing ninja.

Mind to explain what you have set up? :p

Seems a lot of people complaining about either Chrome or Firefox simply have a few stuck files and need clean their cache once in a while.

Chrome works fine for me, with no performance issues at all (LastPass and all too) or crashes or anything like that. Butter smooth.

Firefox, on the other hand, works fine for me as well, though I notice laggy performance when loading multiple web pages compared to Chrome. e10s helps with this some, but I still notice it.

FYI, I don't care about memory usage - I've got more than enough! I'm in the "unused RAM is wasted RAM" group. Because, honestly, it's true.

I was a long time Firefox user until January this year. I was using Firefox since Phoenix 0.3 and loved it. I had used Chrome now and then over the years but it never gave me reason to switch. However in January I gave it another go and was really surprised how much faster it was compared to Firefox. Pages would love a good second or two in side by side tests. Heavy sites like dailymail.co.uk would load in around 1 second and were very responsive whereas in Firefox scrolling would get janky with all the graphics, etc. 

I still prefer Firefox over Chrome in terms of how things work but Chrome is just so much faster I would rather adjust how I work and do it faster than stick with how I currently do things but slower. 

As for memory use Chrome uses more, it always will due to its process-per-tab model. Firefox will get that way once E10S is on by default though. For me I don't care about memory use, I have 16GB in my laptop that didn't even cost me £50. With memory so cheap it doesn't make sense to not run as much as your system can take.

I used Fx since Phoenix 0.3 as well until I went on Windows 10 and Firefox starting crashing 10 times or more a day. Chrome is faster and I tried it for awhile. But I saw that there were running processes from Chrome long after I closed iut so I removed it.

2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I used Fx since Phoenix 0.3 as well until I went on Windows 10 and Firefox starting crashing 10 times or more a day. Chrome is faster and I tried it for awhile. But I saw that there were running processes from Chrome long after I closed iut so I removed it.

By design Chrome will run a background process, you can disable that in settings though if you wish.

My opinion is Chrome has never sucked and it runs far better than Firefox on all my computers, memory usage is never an issue.

2 minutes ago, satysin said:

By design Chrome will run a background process, you can disable that in settings though if you wish.

I understand that but not hours after you close it, at least it shouldn't.

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I understand that but not hours after you close it, at least it shouldn't.

If you don't disable that background option in settings it will continue to run. It is designed that way to speed up relaunching and to make it easier for extensions and apps to do background work while no window is open. 

for me Chrome seems much faster than Firefox. I'm using chrome for years and always when I'm trying Firefox I think that it is not as fast as chrome.

There is one feature in Firefox I like very much. I don't know the correct translation, I guess something like read-view. That's a great feature, sometimes I start Firefox for using it.

Always when I'm doing it, I'm sure firefox is slower than Chrome.

I use Chrome, Edge and FireFox. 

Chrome is my most fav And MAIN: fast, stable and a great browser. Edge I only use to access websites with Ads (Which I have no other choice than to not to use Adblock on those) . I only use FireFox for "DownThemAll!" add-on.