How to deactivate an email account in Outlook without deleting the account (stop password popup window)

Question

I use Outlook as my email client. I recently changed ISP providers from Comcast and Comcast has closed my email account, so I now use gmail in Outlook. Since Comcast closed my email account whenever I open Outlook I get a popup window asking me to enter my Comcast email address password. What I would like to do is disable my Comcast account in Outlook but leave all of the emails there and stop the password request popup window, I don't want to actually delete the account from Outlook as if I do I believe it would remove all of the emails and contacts.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I read there is a way to deactivate an email account in Outlook without removing it by going to group in send/recieve and unchecking the account but I still get the annoying password popup window asking for the Comcast email password.

2 answers to this question

Export that folder structure to a PST, open the PST in outlook and make sure it has all of the content you require, then delete the account.