Ubisoft now has 2FA

Steam has it. Origin has it. Now Ubisoft has it. I highly suggest enabling it on all of your game managers and copying down the rescue codes.

• Like 2

I'd be more excited if it wasn't another piece of software to have to run. But still, everything should have two factor.

1 minute ago, Danielx64 said:

Link to source/information.

Go onto the Ubisoft site, log in and check under the security settings of your account. Or log onto uPlay and it should prompt you to enable it.

Probably would have taken about the same time to do that as it would have been to ask.

This is awesome.  I just enabled mine. A few years back my UPlay account got hacked (quite easily) no notification that someone wanted to change the contact information on my account until it was too late.  Ubisoft is doing some pretty good things with UPlay.  They've incorporated A LOT of the feedback I've seen into the client and it's actually pretty decent now. 

I enabled it earlier today.

1 hour ago, nytiger73 said:

They've incorporated A LOT of the feedback I've seen into the client and it's actually pretty decent now. 

It is, but it's also surprising how long it took them on most fronts.  It's finally an all around good client.

On 22/06/2016 at 1:20 AM, Danielx64 said:

Link to source/information.

Uplay client will prompt you to set it up when you start it, Least it did for me :D

Edit: thanks for Posting OP

On 6/21/2016 at 10:27 PM, LostCat said:

I enabled it earlier today.

It is, but it's also surprising how long it took them on most fronts.  It's finally an all around good client.

I'd have to agree with you there.  Some of the most basic "quality of life" stuff was missing.  Some of the stuff that was missing were things that every other client had.  Now I don't mind using it so much.  I still wouldn't buy 3rd party games on there, I still prefer Steam.  But for Ubisoft games, I don't really bat an eyelash anymore. 

Just now, Andrew said:

While welcome, it's very annoying that you need to authenticate every time you open the app from your primary device.

I was thinking that it just me but since you confirmed it, it not.

On 6/22/2016 at 1:20 AM, Zagadka said:

I'd be more excited if it wasn't another piece of software to have to run. But still, everything should have two factor.

it uses googles authenticator in android.

• 4 months later...
On 6/26/2016 at 7:10 AM, Andrew said:

While welcome, it's very annoying that you need to authenticate every time you open the app from your primary device.

And it's not annoying when you use 2FA from Steam, for example (who has had it even longer)?

Extra verification/authorization steps are GOING to be annoying - no matter how necessary they are; one that I wound up getting a LOT of mileage out of this week is one of the most commonplace in term of mobile verification - pattern verification (it's commonplace in practically any third-party Android launcher these days, such as Microsoft Garage's own Arrow; it's also in iOS, and has been there for the last several versions).  Why would anyone KNOWINGLY make it HARDER for themselves to use their own PC/device/etc.?  Simple enough to explain - to make it harder for the bad guys.  (In this case, there actually WAS a practical side to the seeming madness - I was going to be away from home for a four-day period - instead of using my router - which has excellent encryption protection, I would be using mostly unsecured hotspots, both public AND private (such as the ones in hotels, or on planes; Southwest, for example, has hotspots on most flights, regardless of length); this would be the first real "acid test" on using my tablet away from home.  (Way away from home - by a good nearly three thousand MILES; from one end of the "Strip" (Las Vegas Boulevard) nearly to the other - from the NYNY Hotel/MGM Grand southern end north to the Wynn/Encore/Trump Tower Las Vegas end - the northern end of the Strip of today - and on FOOT.)  The "on foot" part was not nearly as painful as would normally be the case; however, that is a different story outside the scope of THIS story; however, it meant changing hotspots like some folks change selfie sticks.  Pain in the rear it was - however, it could EASILY have been worse if I did NOT do it - too many real-world examples.  And it actually ended with a "reward" - I finished the next to last day with being able to purchase a game I wanted (for my PC) so I could have it waiting for me when I got back - and I was able to make the purchase via my tablet.  (This isn't Steam/Valve - which has an Android-based client; but Uplay, which does not; instead, there is the Ubisoft Club Android app - which shares accounts with Uplay - and ALSO uses 2FA, and uses SSL to link to the Ubi Store - no reinventing the wheel for Ubisoft!  It went off without a hitch (Keep It Simple, Son does indeed work) and my game was waiting to be installed when I got home the next overnight (at about 0130 in the AM today, in fact); in fact, I'm updating my newer notebook's Uplay client with the game right now - in that aspect, it's no different from Steam - or Origin.

To the folks that sneer at Uplay and say "Why buy from Ubi Direct/Uplay as opposed to Steam?" the answer is simple - price.  The same game is cheaper via Ubi than on Steam (remember, the same argument applied in terms of GameStop vs. Origin in terms of SimCity's "Cities of Tomorrow" ULC) ;  saving $10USD off the purchase price is not ignorable, even on DLC/ULC - in this case, it is ANNO 2205 Ultimate Edition - $49.95 from Ubi, but $10 more on Steam - this was as of Thursday.) "But you have Steam already!" I had the Uplay client already, too, due to the current UBI30 promotion - I had downloaded "Blood Dragon" two days before I left for Vegas, in fact; quibble turf in terms of Uplay vs. Steam.)

30 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

And it's not annoying when you use 2FA from Steam, for example (who has had it even longer)?

snip

Steam doesn't ask me to authenticate every time I open the app. It seems Ubisoft took notice, because now Uplay does not ask for 2FA at launch either :)

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Steam doesn't ask me to authenticate every time I open the app. It seems Ubisoft took notice, because now Uplay does not ask for 2FA at launch either :)

Pretty much that, Andrew.  And if you have a limited set of PCs (or devices) that you can use, you can skip 2FA altogether (I don't use 2FA because I have one PC, one notebook, and the tablet - my phone doesn't use Android as an OS) that I use for gaming of any sort.  I WOULD use 2FA if the risk vs. reward made sense - I don't use enough hardware for the purpose that it makes sense.