Computer Desk Inspiration

I know there is/was a "your setup" thread but I'm after a bit of desk inspiration.

At the moment, I have a £40 desk, which is falling apart. It has two drawers and some shelves on the opposite side. I use the draws to store my external hdd, headphones and some note paper. Blank DVDs are on the shelf, together with more notepads. 

Thinking of of getting an IKEA Malm desk with the drawers. However what puts me off is that I have taken the third drawer off my current desk and use that hideaway for the PC tower. It's a shuttle so don't want it to get kicked. The Malm desk could house it in the bottom cupboard but I'm not sure.

Any words of wisdom?

At the moment, I have a £40 desk, which is falling apart

Have you tried tightening its nuts and bolts?

7 minutes ago, Sir Topham Hatt said:

I know there is/was a "your setup" thread but I'm after a bit of desk inspiration.

At the moment, I have a £40 desk, which is falling apart. It has two drawers and some shelves on the opposite side. I use the draws to store my external hdd, headphones and some note paper. Blank DVDs are on the shelf, together with more notepads. 

Thinking of of getting an IKEA Malm desk with the drawers. However what puts me off is that I have taken the third drawer off my current desk and use that hideaway for the PC tower. It's a shuttle so don't want it to get kicked. The Malm desk could house it in the bottom cupboard but I'm not sure.

Any words of wisdom?

eBay for ex-office supplies.
I got my current desk which is one of those mammoth sized, sturdy as hell desks you normally see in call centres, for about £60. Couldn't be happier.

• Like 1

Maybe add 1" x 2"  45 degree brace screwed to underside of the top and the other end screwed to the wobbly legs. If you know nothing about woodworking, the big box stores (Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.) have Stanley steel plate braces of different sizes. (more likely in the aisle with gate or barn hinges)