I have Windows 7 installation media on a 64GB flash drive. Will it work properly?

Even though i know how to build computers, It's the simplest things that i sometimes can't understand unless i have the full word. Installing Windows 7 from a 16GB USB worked just fine, but unlike last time, The file system of the installation media is set for NTFS instead of FAT32, and it's also 64 Gigabytes. I need to know the full word so i know i don't end up screwing up my personal system.

I generally just use NTFS when creating installation media (Windows 7+) these days as I've never encountered an issue with it personally. You should be fine.

37 minutes ago, benjamine6 said:

Even though i know how to build computers, It's the simplest things that i sometimes can't understand unless i have the full word. Installing Windows 7 from a 16GB USB worked just fine, but unlike last time, The file system of the installation media is set for NTFS instead of FAT32, and it's also 64 Gigabytes. I need to know the full word so i know i don't end up screwing up my personal system.

Download the Windows 7 USB installer from Microsoft.
Run it
Point it to your ISO

It will format your USB for you.

WORD

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

WORD

Yes, but is the the full word?

Anyway, NTFS should be fine, if not preferable to FAT32. A bigger concern should be whether your PC supports an OS install via USB key, as installation on older computers can fail to get passed the initial setup stage if not running from CD.

I thought in order to use UEFI the install device has to be formatted using FAT32? I've always tried to use UEFI firmware from Windows 8 onwards, so my installation media has been FAT32, but for Win7 on a non-UEFI system, I think NTFS should be fine.

5 minutes ago, Torolol said:

why still you want to use such lower spec in 2016?

It is possible that amount of storage space fits his/her needs. Not everyone needs a TB of drive space.

Like @T3X4Smentioned, the easiest way to create Windows 7 USB media is by using the Microsoft Tool. However, as @illegaloperationpointed out, you could always install Windows 10 using your Windows 7 key. To do that you can use the Microsoft provided tool, which @illegaloperationlinked to. If you decide to use your own Windows 10 ISO, use rufus to create the USB as the older tool for Windows 7, does not work with Windows 10 and most newer UEFI systems.

6 minutes ago, Torolol said:

the 64GB sure is much smaller than what most mid/high-end consumer computers have in 2003,

why still you want to use such lower spec in 2016?

A lot of my laptops are sporting a 64GB SSD. With Well over 40GB to spare. I just use them for the internet and stuff