Possible to find out if someone being warned?

Well yeah what would happen if I message a staff member asking if someone have been warned? Also I reported a post several time and it still haven't been removed, is there anything that I can do about that?

Edited by Danielx64

Is this typo intentional?

Because it givea you a warm and fuzzy feeling when someone gets a warning because of you?

Lol

11 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Well yeah what would happen if I message a staff member asking if someone have been warned? Also I reported a post several time and it still haven't been removed, is there anything that I can do about that?

Well, they won't tell you if someone has been warned.

11 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Report it to a Supervisor.  Also I doubt that any staff member will share that kind of info, staff actions are not made public unless they post a warning in the thread about being off-topic or behavior in general.

14 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Also I reported a post several time and it still haven't been removed, is there anything that I can do about that?

PM a supervisor of that section and ask them to look it over. It is possible, there was nothing wrong with the post or it wasn't breaking rules so they (mods/supervisors) felt no reason to remove said post.

Since I cant quote while on my phone, it looks like I may not be able to find out if someone got the same treatment that I was given and therefore I wouldn't know if there was indeed a level even playing field and no bias being introduced. If what I just wrote is correct then there is a huge problem.

Just now, Danielx64 said:

Since I cant quote while on my phone, it looks like I may not be able to find out if someone got the same treatment that I was given and therefore I wouldn't know if there was indeed a level even playing field and no bias being introduced. If what I just wrote is correct then there is a huge problem.

It isn't a huge problem, it is none of your business if another member has a warning or infraction. 

8 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

you'll never know. thats how life is.

dont worry about others, and just worry about yourself and what you're doing.

Edited by blank

8 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

You can appeal any warning you receive by contacting a Supervisor (or perhaps another staff member, check the rules).

1 minute ago, blank said:

you'll never know. thats how life is.

dont worry about others, and just worry about yourself and what you're doing.

Bingo.

If you want to know, ask the member(s) directly and see if they are warned or not.  If they are not able to get back to you, contact them via email or other communication method.

FYI, admins and mods have no rights to reveal information on other members for you...  if they did, they have invaded members' privacy. Neowin will be sued for this if this happens.

Well I decided to message the moderator who responsible for starting this mess (even though it was another member win created the drama that required staff to take action) and I will go from there.

4 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Well I decided to message the moderator who responsible for starting this mess (even though it was another member win created the drama that required staff to take action) and I will go from there.

If it means anything to you, I have had this happen and the advice I was given was do not reply to their comments and just report it. If you reply, even if you were not the instigator, you will be given a warning.

• Like 2

Yeah I learnt that one the hard way and I am not letting that happen to me again. And on top of that the same post got posted more than once because of a glitch with this forum.

I have 1 Null warning my self. I got caught up in an argument about anti-virus software. In the aftermath of our shirtless quarrell, with blood and sweat flying in slow motion and me reverting to a 4 year old. I got a null warning. The guy that "instigated" it

might or might not have been warned. I really didn't care and still don't. What I did do was, even at my age of 44, learned again to keep my mouth shut when I feel that itchiness of anger. It's not a problem, just move on. No amount of talk, threats, or

coercion will change anyone's mind if they don't want it to be changed. It's a huge waste of time and energy. Your Cortisol levels go up which is unhealthy. Apply your worries and efforts in a more positive and perhaps profitable direction.

50 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Do you honestly think this site is unbiased?

Unless the staff has changed their methods , once you report a post you are not informed of the out come. If the post is still intact and not edited , the Moderator may have  decided it did not need changed. I do not know. I used to use a Firefox extension called Scrapbook which would save all of your data but it takes up space. You can save threads, posts  and so on.

Well the moderator who warned me got back to me and said that she/he can't reveal what I was asking for privacy reasons and if I wanted to confirm message someone up the food chain. For now I picked a global seeking advice on what to do next. Thank you to all of you who replied :)

6 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Not a lot I can add as I think most have said it anyway, no we wouldn't discuss any actions taken on one member with another. 

Indeed, would you please lock this topic as it pretty much finish? Thank-you :)

• Skiver locked this topic