Windows 10 Anniversary Edition LTSB

Hi All,

Whilst reading the latest Microsoft documentation on Windows Server 2016, I noticed this snippet of information:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2016/07/12/windows-server-2016-new-current-branch-for-business-servicing-option/

Server with Desktop Experience: The Server with Desktop Experience installation option (previously known as Server with a GUI) provides an ideal user experience for those who need to run an app that requires local UI or for Remote Desktop Services Host. This option has the full Windows client shell and experience, consistent with Windows 10 Anniversary edition Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB), with the server Microsoft Management Console (MMC) and Server Manager tools available locally on the server.

I'm not aware Windows 10 LTSB is being updated to align with Anniversary Edition. No other documentation indicates this change. Can anyone clarify with Microsoft?

Regards,

Phil

• Like 2

On 15/07/2016 at 4:06 PM, PhilUK said:

I'm not aware Windows 10 LTSB is being updated to align with Anniversary Edition.

That has always been the plan. The first major LTSB update will be 12 months after build 10240, then every 2-3 years after that.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/introduction-to-windows-10-servicing

It is important to note again that not all feature upgrades will have an LTSB. The initial release of Windows 10, published in July 2015, has an LTSB and Microsoft expects to designate one additional feature upgrade in the next 12 months for long-term support. After that, Microsoft expects to publish feature upgrades with long-term servicing support approximately every two to three years. Microsoft will provide additional information in advance of publishing new feature upgrades so that IT administrators can make informed deployment planning decisions.

• 3 weeks later...

LTSB AU available October 1st according to this...

How, and when, can I obtain Windows 10, version 1607?

• Windows 10, version 1607 is available for download today from the Volume Licensing Service Center(for Volume License customers) and from the MSDN Subscriptions Center (for Visual Studio/MSDN subscribers).
  • If you have already deployed Windows 10, you can get the Windows 10, version 1607 update today from Windows Update or Windows Update for Business.
  • If you have already deployed Windows 10 and use Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and/or System Center Configuration Manager servicing plans, you can get the Windows 10, version 1607 update on August 16th.
  • If you haven’t yet deployed Windows 10 in your organization, you can download the latest Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation to test Windows 10, version 1607 free for 90 days.
  • Windows 10 Enterprise Long-Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) 2016 media will be available beginning October 1st. 

Microsoft TechNet

Unless I misread the question ... :(