Man 'knifes French woman and her three daughters' in Alpine resort

French woman and her three young daughters were severely injured  when they were stabbed at a holiday resort on Tuesday by a Moroccan-born man who reportedly shouted that they were too scantily dressed.

The man was arrested after the attack at the Alpine resort of Garde-Colombe, near Laragne, in southern France.

The youngest girl, aged 8, was rushed to hospital in Grenoble with a punctured lung, according to initial reports.

Her mother, 46, and sisters aged 12 and 14, are being treated at the hospital of Gap, closer to the scene of the attack. Their injuries are serious but not life-threatening, hospital sources said.

Initial reports claimed the man struck because he was angered by the women being "scantily dressed," but a local prosecutor has denied this. 

Raphaël Balland, prosecutor of Gap, said: "I wanted to quash the rumour currently doing the rounds because on no account did this man make such comments about the fact that the attack may have been motivated by the victims' dress code."

The attacker, named as Mohamed B, 37, "may have acted out of religious motives", French television channel TF1 reported.

More....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/19/man-stabs-french-woman-and-her-three-daughters-for-being-scantil/

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

This stuff is never going to end. Killed because of the way they were dressed. My God-If he acted on religious motives he must worship The Devil.

They weren't killed. Calm yourself and read the entire article before posting.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

They weren't killed. Calm yourself and read the entire article before posting.

Not for a lack of trying.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

"Moroccan-born man"

Why can't they just say that he is muslim? Is it so hard?

Because not all Muslims are attackers? Because not all Moroccans are Muslims? Because we don't go around calling people who blow up abortion clinics radical Christians? 

15 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Not for a lack of trying.

True enough. Just another messenger from Allah delivering a message of peace.

8 minutes ago, shockz said:

Because not all Muslims are attackers? Because not all Moroccans are Muslims? Because we don't go around calling people who blow up abortion clinics radical Christians? 

Well it says right in the article that there may have been religious reasons for the attack and then the biggest religion in Morocco is Islam with a 99% representation and you put 2 and 2 together...

Also I didn't say all muslins are attackers or terrorists. Where did you even get that from the few words I actually wrote?

Edited by trag3dy

14 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

True enough. Just another messenger from Allah delivering a message of peace.

Well it says right in the article that there may have been religious reasons for the attack and then the biggest religion in Morocco is Islam with a 99% representation and you put 2 and 2 together...

Also I didn't say all muslins are attackers or terrorists. Where did you even get that from the few words I actually wrote?

Oh gee, I don't know, because you assuming his motivation for attack was because he was Muslim?

17 minutes ago, shockz said:

Oh gee, I don't know, because you assuming his motivation for attack was because he was Muslim?

So? You act like this is a unique occurrence when it's not. We hear news about muslims doing this kind of thing pretty much every single day now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

"Moroccan-born man"

Why can't they just say that he is muslim? Is it so hard?

Because until it is confirmed, Media cannot, and shouldnt, say things like they.  If they do, they have to retract the statement and makes them look like even more idiotic than normal. 

8 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Because until it is confirmed, Media cannot, and shouldnt, say things like they.  If they do, they have to retract the statement and makes them look like even more idiotic than normal. 

They knew he was from Morocco and that the attack wasn't because the women were provocatively dressed (according to the attacker) and that it was likely religious in nature.

They knew those things specifically and reported on them. Why is it that they fail to mention that morocco is 99% muslim? You know why they didn't mention it and it's not because they cared they might look idiotic after the fact.

26 minutes ago, shockz said:

Why does calling him Muslim mean that you're assuming all Muslims are attackers when calling him Moroccan doesn't assume all Moroccan's are attackers?

5 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Why does calling him Muslim mean that you're assuming all Muslims are attackers when calling him Moroccan doesn't assume all Moroccan's are attackers?

You know damn well it's because people don't have a preconceived notion that Moroccans are attackers, whereas people assumed this person was Muslim before it was even confirmed. Don't play that game.

Just now, shockz said:

You know damn well it's because people don't have a preconceived notion that Moroccans are attacks, whereas people assumed this person was Muslim before it was even confirmed. Don't play that game.

Things that were confirmed before anyone assumed he was muslim:

1) he's moroccan

2) attack was religious in nature

Things unsaid, morocco's major religion is islam.

2+2=

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, shockz said:

You know damn well it's because people don't have a preconceived notion that Moroccans are attacks, whereas people assumed this person was Muslim before it was even confirmed. Don't play that game.

Didn't need to assume, the guys name is Mohamed, Moroccan and the attack religious in nature. You have done this on at least one other occasion, I think the last time it was Gary7 (could be wrong), where someone assumes an attacker is Muslim, you jump in telling people not to jump to conclusions, you were wrong that time as well.

Edited by SIE

19 hours ago, SIE said:

Didn't need to assume, the guys name is Mohamed, you have done this on at least one other occasion, I think the last time it was Gary7 (could be wrong), where someone assumes an attacker is Muslim, you jump in telling people not to jump to conclusions, you were wrong that time as well.

Don't know what you're talking about, you're more than welcome to search my post history. 

I'm also not sure what I'm wrong about in the current thread. So, yeah...

When it comes down to it, Moroccans primary religion is Islam, just as Americans are Christians... yet we don't go asking people if they we're Christian when they attack a gay or when a member of the KKK strung up a black in the 60s. Asking if said attacker is a Muslim is inflammatory and it's obvious it's simply a dig at Islam when in reality, most Muslims lead a peaceful life. It's obvious you're going to be a Muslim when you're from a country that is predominantly Muslim.

I really am not going to waste my time with this, as there are plenty of other threads where we've discussed this to no end. I'm not going to bother continuing debating a subject with a bunch of righty fear mongers with a hard on for Trump/isolationism, no matter how blatantly obvious your hate is. I've made my point, clearly and accurately and won't waste my breath for it to just fall on deaf ears. You'll continue to apply these acts to the entire Islam religion/Muslim populaton, no matter how inaccurate that hateful philosophy is.  <snipped>

Edited by Jason S.

17 minutes ago, shockz said:

Asking if said attacker is a Muslim is inflammatory and it's obvious it's simply a dig at Islam when in reality, most Muslims lead a peaceful life. 

That's the problem, people are tired of hearing that line.

Don't know if you've seen this or not but anyway.

31 minutes ago, shockz said:

Don't know what you're talking about, you're more than welcome to search my post history. 

I'm also not sure what I'm wrong about in the current thread. So, yeah...

When it comes down to it, Moroccans primary religion is Islam, just as Americans are Christians... yet we don't go asking people if they we're Christian when they attack a gay or when a member of the KKK strung up a black in the 60s. Asking if said attacker is a Muslim is inflammatory and it's obvious it's simply a dig at Islam when in reality, most Muslims lead a peaceful life. It's obvious you're going to be a Muslim when you're from a country that is predominantly Muslim.

I really am not going to waste my time with this, as there are plenty of other threads where we've discussed this to no end. I'm not going to bother continuing debating a subject with a bunch of righty fear mongers with a hard on for Trump/isolationism, no matter how blatantly obvious your hate is. I've made my point, clearly and accurately and won't waste my breath for it to just fall on deaf ears. You'll continue to apply these acts to the entire Islam religion/Muslim populaton, no matter how inaccurate that hateful philosophy is.  Enjoy your circle jerk.

I haven't heard of any christians driving a truck through a crowd of people recently, or going into a nightclub and shooting it up, or attacking an airport (multiple times in different countries), or shooting up a satirical news magazine, or so many other examples. 1200+ attacks made by islamists this year alone and counting.

Are there radical christians? Yes. Doesn't change the fact that it's not common for us to hear about them committing atrocities the likes of which we've witnessed in just the last 2 months.

47 minutes ago, shockz said:

You know damn well it's because people don't have a preconceived notion that Moroccans are attackers, whereas people assumed this person was Muslim before it was even confirmed. Don't play that game.

And they assumed right. Wonder how people could possibly have the pre-conception that Muslims are violent?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shockz said:

You're funny

Blind... but funny.

• Like 3