NYPD officers drive suspected bomb away from Times Square

When the suspicious device landed in his New York police car, Sgt. Hameed Armani thought he was about to die.

The object made a clicking noise. Lights from the device started flashing.

"Boss, this is a bomb," his partner, Officer Peter Cybulski, said from the passenger seat.

The horror couldn't have come at a worse place. The officers' patrol car was parked in Times Square, which was packed with tourists and locals Wednesday night.

Armani, in the driver's seat, said he was prepared to die, but refused to let civilians die, too.

"We both look at each other. I was like, 'We're going to go, but I'm not going to have anybody else go with us,'" the sergeant said.

So, instead of jumping out of the car to save their own lives, the officers drove 1½ blocks away to make sure nothing happened to the crowd of civilians.

During that drive, "We both said our prayers," said Armani, a Muslim immigrant from Afghanistan.

"We thought this was it, we're not going to make it."

More.....

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/us/new-york-columbus-circle-investigation/index.html

While I love this story, I find it quite annoying that when negative press about a Muslim comes out the religious affiliation is hidden deep underneath politically correct verbiage. But the moment something positive about them becomes a story, the fact they are Muslim is immediately revealed with no questions asked.

Anyways, just an observation. Glad these guys were successful, and hope more positive stories like this about Police saving lives and self sacrifice surface to offset the bad ones.

1 hour ago, Emn1ty said:

While I love this story, I find it quite annoying that when negative press about a Muslim comes out the religious affiliation is hidden deep underneath politically correct verbiage. But the moment something positive about them becomes a story, the fact they are Muslim is immediately revealed with no questions asked.

Anyways, just an observation. Glad these guys were successful, and hope more positive stories like this about Police saving lives and self sacrifice surface to offset the bad ones.

Media sucks and really, they should be held accountable for stirring the pot.  A lot of people hang on what they report.

• Like 2