What's the story with Onedrive Business

I stupidly signed up for a year subscription only to find I couldn't pick a folder to backup, it had to be a onedrive folder, which is useless to me.  Also, after you install the software from the control panel, on first launch is says it's obsolete and you have to download the onedrive app.  I tried chat support and was waiting for 10 minutes only to be told I had to ring a number.  I rang the number and they told me I had to use the chat.  I asked to be transfered to the accounts department so I could cancel the subscription and after 5 minutes I was told they had closed for the day. I'm waiting for a call back tomorrow.  All in all not a great experience. It sounds trivial but those few sentences where 90 minutes of my day wasted.  But honestly, the simple feature of being able to choose a folder should be available, or am I missing something?

No you arnt missing something, It sucks and the more you use it the worse it will become.

Avoid it like the plague.

Are you on Windows 10 with the latest updates?  If you right click the Onedrive icon in the taskbar, click settings, then the second tab and add account, you can add a ODfB account there.  You shouldn't need to download anything (I don't think?) and the combined consumer/business client supercedes the old, groove-based client.

Onedrive, like other other cloud storage, is a folder that syncs everything inside it to the cloud.  You can't pick arbitrary folders from various places to "backup".  Perhaps you can find some way to automatically archive everything you want to backup that copies it to the Onedrive folder when it's done.

Disclaimer: I work for MS.

1.PNG

2.PNG

I subscribed for Onedrive's 6 monthly plan and it sucks. Their customer care service is just horrendous. I had the major issue that when I used to upload files the whole interface used to take like hours to load lots of time wasted. Now switched Dropbox and happy to make that move. 

On 18/08/2016 at 9:08 PM, Tailwind said:

Are you on Windows 10 with the latest updates?  If you right click the Onedrive icon in the taskbar, click settings, then the second tab and add account, you can add a ODfB account there.  You shouldn't need to download anything (I don't think?) and the combined consumer/business client supercedes the old, groove-based client.

Onedrive, like other other cloud storage, is a folder that syncs everything inside it to the cloud.  You can't pick arbitrary folders from various places to "backup".  Perhaps you can find some way to automatically archive everything you want to backup that copies it to the Onedrive folder when it's done.

Disclaimer: I work for MS.

nah i was looking to back up a file server, it's not really suited for that