AMD Zen Microarchitecture: Dual Schedulers, Micro-Op Cache and Memory Hierarchy Revealed

Finally moar info!!! woot, now lets lower prices !

In their own side event this week, AMD invited select members of the press and analysts to come and discuss the next layer of Zen details. In this piece, we’re discussing the microarchitecture announcements that were made, as well as a look to see how this compares to previous generations of AMD core designs.

sauce:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10578/amd-zen-microarchitecture-dual-schedulers-micro-op-cache-memory-hierarchy-revealed

Thank God AMD's P4 era is coming to an end. I don't believe CPUs will become cheaper but I do think we'll start getting more for our money. i5's with HT, i7's being 8 core, etc. We desperately need competition to keep Intel honest. 

whats going to to suck is the initial low availability of CPUs and motherboards. Things are going to be interesting this time next year :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Does anyone else remember when CEO Rory Reed said AMD was leaving the high performance desktop market?  I think that was a ruse to buy AMD some time for Zen.

• Like 1

Just now, Open Minded said:

Does anyone else remember when CEO Rory Reed said AMD was leaving the high performance desktop market?  I think that was a ruse to buy AMD some time for Zen.

Yeah IIRC to focus on APU which was "where the money was". 

• Like 2