Windows Updates stopped

if you're using windows 10, set to get updates more than one place.

settings>  update and security> advanced options> choose how updates are delivered> updates from more than once place>

you can choose to get update from microsoft and <PC on my local network> or <PC on my local network and PCs on the internet>

if that fails, choose another admin account and do windows updates again.

Originally i just assumed they were big updates. I only have a 2Mb/s connection so i'm used to things taking some time :)

Now reading here it seems I wasn't the only one where it took forever

I found this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq

What can I do if I’m having problems installing updates?

Make sure that your PC is connected to the Internet. Some updates can’t be installed if you’re using a metered Internet connection.

If you’re connected the Internet and updates aren’t installed automatically, wait a few minutes and then try to install the updates manually.

Use the Windows Update Troubleshooter to try to fix the problem.

updatefix.jpg

Good grief! Half the reason I've dumped Windows is the updates taking forever just to check for them in Windows 7. Now issues installing them?! I have seen the solutions for fixing the taking forever to check for updates but 1 computer I have says the rollup update that fixes that issue won't install on my machine. Says it's not compatible with system and yes, I know it's a 32bit system and not 64 bit, so that's not the issue.

Still have wife's computer and 1 of my own that have Windows so will be checking updates on wife's today as that one at least has that rollup installed and hasn't taken multiple hours just to check for updates the last month or 2 anyway. Otherwise, just may be wiping Windows off those 2 machines soon also! :)

It is a problem with Microsoft servers most likely, lot\s of complaints with the latest cumulative update not finishing download, and resetting or clearing update cache does not work. Use Windows catalog to get the file manually, I did it few hours ago and it updated without any problem whatsoever.

This seems to be a widespread issue with the latest update offered by MS yesterday, mine is stucked at %95 since yesterday, several users at the tenforums.com are reporting this as well, I'm sure MS will sort it out soon.

Mine got stuck at 95% for about 10 mins.

Let's do not forget these are LARGE updates. Microsoft also doesn't tell you how big they are. For example, Tuesday updates were 400 megs for maybe just one of them. Depending on the internet speed AND ...how hard the servers are getting hammered at the time, they could take a while. 

I figured out that there is nothing wrong with my computer, Windows 10.

2 Updates downloaded and installed.

The 3rd Update stays on 45%.

It is the Microsoft server bottleneck.

I'm not going to worry about it.