@notification goes nuts

2 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

@LimeMaster @Draconian Guppy @Raze @E.worm Jimmy

It seems fine to me.  You need to add a space after mine in order for Raze's tag to work.

I do.

@LimeMaster @Draconian Guppy @Raze sometimes I can go further and sometimes it just stops @E.worm Jimmy@tazminator  see again? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mando said:

:o Gups! youve broken Neowin!.....:woot:

Broken? I use neowin on 2 different browsers at phone. And 2 different browsers at desktop

Each one has different bugs. I am not even bothering to report them. The comment system is ######ed in one place. Statuses are broken in another.

Even to get to notifications from the same browser i have to click on it from an unread page not from main forum page, because on main page the button is unresponsive.

I just give up and accept this site like the cripple it has become. 

I dont judge handicaps, I try to see the best in them, the spirit,  not the crippling disabilities of the body.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

Broken? I use neowin on 2 different browsers at phone. And 2 different browsers at desktop

Each one has different bugs. I am not even bothering to report them. The comment system is ######ed in one place. Statuses are broken in another.

Even to get to notifications from the same browser i have to click on it from an unread page not from main forum page, because on main page the button is unresponsive.

I dont judge handicaps, I try to see the best in them, the spirit,  not the crippling disabilities of the body.

Hopefully the 5.x will be better.  We will see.

Unless they have fixes in the next 4.x release.

11 hours ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

That's not a very good way of looking at it, since the forum bugs can actually be fixed if you push the devs hard enough. The problem as of now is that devs have other priorities & probably have multiple different sites/forums that they work on. 

I think Neowin needs more devs that are Neowin exclusive as this would allow even the smaller bugs to be fixed at a faster rate.  

11 hours ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

its cool Jimmy, i was winding up gupster :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Mando said:

its cool Jimmy, i was winding up gupster :) 

i know.   but the "broken" neowin hit a string i guess, as just before, i had a hard time editing comment and quotes, and it felt completely broken.

21 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

That's not a very good way of looking at it, since the forum bugs can actually be fixed if you push the devs hard enough. The problem as of now is that devs have other priorities & probably have multiple different sites/forums that they work on.

I don't think that's a fair assessment at all. You have no way of knowing what the devs are working on, and no way of knowing what their workload is like. As for the comment about pushing them, if I were a developer and someone thought that by getting pushy they could get their issue to be given a higher priority, the opposite would end up happening.

Just now, Danielx64 said:

I also found another issue but you know if I report it I bet the devs will say that it not all that important because it not a core feature when it really is.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Even if it isn't a core feature, it would get resolved eventually. Instead though you're not going to report it at all, which means it will possibly never get fixed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I don't think that's a fair assessment at all. You have no way of knowing what the devs are working on, and no way of knowing what their workload is like. As for the comment about pushing them, if I were a developer and someone thought that by getting pushy they could get their issue to be given a higher priority, the opposite would end up happening.

While that is true, I do know that Neowin isn't the only site they have to work on. Perhaps the pushing part isn't needed, but finding at least one dev that devotes their workdays to fixing IPB4 & Neowin bugs would be nice.

1 minute ago, LimeMaster said:

That's not a very good way of looking at it, since the forum bugs can actually be fixed if you push the devs hard enough.

have you seen how they get fixed here?  and how the new bugs seem to appear?

some bugs only seem to appear for some browser/os combinations, and if the developers don't see it, they are not fixing it either. 

clearly there aren't enough dedicated developer time spent on neowin.  but do you expect that it suddenly appears out of no where? 

with the current amount of visits the site gets?

IPB 5 is our only hope.   but that will take years, if ever.

12 hours ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

Oh dear :laugh: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

You also need to ensure their username is typed exactly how it appears when they post.

In your first post, the "R" in Raze isn't capitalized like it should be. 

@LimeMaster nope, definitely not case sensitive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

have you seen how they get fixed here?  and how the new bugs seem to appear?

some bugs only seem to appear for some browser/os combinations, and if the developers don't see it, they are not fixing it either. 

clearly there aren't enough dedicated developer time spent on neowin.  but do you expect that it suddenly appears out of no where? 

with the current amount of visits the site gets?

IPB 5 is our only hope.   but that will take years, if ever.

I have yes, and I agree that they need more devs since clearly IPB4 is bug ridden. Still though, those can be fixed, whereas a handicapped person cannot be. 

47 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Works fine for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Still though, those can be fixed, whereas a handicapped person cannot be. 

Well obviously it is not a fair comparison,  and it was a attempt at making a edgy and somewhat humorous (i hope) 

remark at my personal experience of using neowin from multiple browsers and devices.

(having to switch between 2 browsers with neowin loaded just to have a correct neowin experience)

did i not mean to offend anyone with it.

however, as for "can be fixed" ... it's being over a year now since the upgrade.  

i lost any hope of bug free experience already. hence my comment!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

Well obviously it is not a fair comparison,  and it was a attempt at making a edgy and somewhat humorous (i hope) 

remark at my personal experience at using neowin from multiple browsers and devices.

having to switch between 2 browsers with neowin loaded just to have a correct neowin experience.

did i not mean to offend anyone with it.

however, as for "can be fixed" ... it's being over a year now since the upgrade.   i lost any hope of bug free experience already. hence my comment!

I'm clearly overthinking here, but that's because I have a small bit of hope left that they'll either find more devs or somehow get the existing devs to find time to go on a bug bashing spree of sorts. Obviously this seems quite unrealistic at the moment. And it's clear that you've lost hope completely, which is understandable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Not how you were doing. You type a letter a time then popup menu will show up so you will be able to select the name from the list. If don't see a name in the list, type another letter until you see a name in it.

It shows me that you were probably typing in hurry.

As you see, it works fine in my post above, under your first post.

If it happens again, try it in other browser and see if the problem comes up again on your end. If not, then it's the Chrome issue.  I don't know if anyone else with Chrome have this problem.  It seems that you are only one and I think it's Chrome issue.

Why not make a new profile in Chrome and see if the problems go away for you. If not sure how to do it, then see here. Make a backup of your favorite bookmarks before you do this unless you have sync account that sync bookmarks across your devices.

11 hours ago, Nick H. said:

That doesn't make any sense at all. Even if it isn't a core feature, it would get resolved eventually. Instead though you're not going to report it at all, which means it will possibly never get fixed.

Well ever since the upgrade to IPS4 there been nothing but problems after problems. Several members (including me) suggested that it would have been better to switch to XenForo where the experience would have been better in the long run. Of course that was ignored as (in my mind anyway) that it would have been too hard (or too much work) for then to handle.

I'm sure that the developers knew that IPS4 was crap (and buggy) but I guess they didn't care anyway.

IMO if this site was to move to XF this time last year, today would have been a better experience even if the CMS needed to be rewritten.

@E.worm JimmyI'm not surprise that you lost hope in experiencing a bug free forum, I knew that a year later there would still be problems.