how useless is MS and their LH release...

It's an ALPHA.

not beta, not finished product. not something the end user is ever supposed to get. expecting it to work properly is like expecting a car with no engine to run. It's not finished.

I agree with the above two posters.

It is a "work in progress".

Are you a beta-tester? If so, then your comments go to MICROSOFT, and have no business here (I would wager it is against the terms of acceptance for beta-testers, anyhow). How else will Microsoft address open issues?

Did you illegally download it or otherwise obtain a copy of it? If so, then you should not advertise this fact.

Even if it were a finished product, then if you have problems with the "bloat" of too many services, then disable them.

But, please stop whining.

I know it is Alpha but I expected more or at least something that can function

i mean, you didnt even have to download it and people were not supposed to get a hold of this! so stop the whining!

well I could say the same thing about a few linux alpha's I have installed and tested... a few would boot to KDE just fine but booting to Gnome would crash- Go figure that one out (making the refernce point of going from LH style to Classic Look)....

well I could say the same thing about a few linux alpha's I have installed and tested... a few would boot to KDE just fine but booting to Gnome would crash- Go figure that one out (making the refernce point of going from LH style to Classic Look)....

Remember, in LH all he was doing was changing a theme not a whole window manager :rolleyes: Personally I don't see the big deal about LH by the time it comes out i'm going to switch fully to Linux.

Same applies to the changing themes- The winow metrics is what MS calls it. (that basically means the dimesions and size and functions of point clicks as well as graphical structured models)(THE USER INTERFACE) which in linux would be the same as window manager And like a few others have said- It is an alpha- Depending on which release you have it is quite stable-and the PDC release is supposed to be a release where developers can Tweak/Create drivers and applications. It is used to test applictions to see how they react to the new OS and report problems. The networking issues I belive if you google it there is a guide as well as a (unsuported by Microsoft) fix for network stack issue- and it has the more impoved firewall (have you configured that yet) could be blocking local network access.

What surpsises me more is that MS has even showed us this stage of development-

Come to think about it- this is 2004- We have heard release dates ranging from as early as 2006 and as late as 2008 for release. Depending on where you get your news from. Even at the earliest That still leaves a year for alpha tests (internal) and a year for beta testing. That is just going on a sensible testing time frame based on the 2006 being the earliest release date.

Edited by redvamp128

blah blah blah blah and forget it.........................

I should know better to post in a commnity it is like getting your head cut off for saying the wrong thing

:no: :no: :no: :no:

Edited by sullysnet

I know it is Alpha but I expected more or at least something that can function

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EXACTLY YOU ****EN NOOB IT WASNT MEANT TO BE REALEASED YET ITS ****EN ALPHA, WHICH BASICALLY MEANS " NOT A FUNCTIONING OS" U StUpID POS

u are the stupid a**

oh and I love this I am a noob and my registration started when ???? 5-December 01

I just stay out of the posts that is all and I guess that is where I will stay, again I should know better to even post a anything

I should know better to post in a commnity it is like getting your head cut off for saying the wrong thing

you posted total bollocks, and then expect everyone to cheer up to you? rofl, yuo = cl0wn!

what a prick :whistle: . . . go away and complain to microsoft about it and see what they say. If you dont like it dont even bother buying it when it comes out . . . My advice to you stick with Windows 3.1. Its people like you who ruin these forums :no: :cry:

you posted total bollocks, and then expect everyone to cheer up to you? rofl, yuo = cl0wn!

I expect nothing a** I removed my post isn't that enought to end it. I don't ruin these forums cause I never post in it. For my one post of out the 1000's you guys do, so this was not the place to post it BIG DEAL

removed the post move on. I am

I said its people like you, i wasnt aiming pacificaly at u. Even though you removed the post it still doesnt excuse the fact that you posted in the first place and thats what you are thinking, It give enough chance for people to read it.

Neyo I'm pretty sure you don't like Windows trolls in the Mac section so don't do it here either.

Its all good buddy, I made a point of showing it was a joke. Not that it really matters much in a thread like this, i mean ... Its a pointless thread, isn't it? :p S'all good bud! But you're right, I don't like Windows 'monkeys :ninja: ' coming in spouting how GDI+ '0wnZ' Quartz Extreme. :laugh:

I remember back in the days when IBM AT/XT- Apple was a green screen- Commodore A model (a build it yourself kit) Can still remember using dos/unix/linux while they were still only a prompt- The main thing to remember about this - It is a work in progress-

Also have friends who made the change over from dotted card readers to analog output for number crunching to primitive vacume tube green display simlar to alarm clocks.