tnt2 video card freezing

i would like to know if there is any fix fro tnt2's freezing on crappy computers? its running detonatorxp 27.10, its a p2 233, (gateway crap) dvd drive, dsl, any help for my friend? thanks, ladr

try older drivers.

my friend has a tnt2 in his pc, with windows xp.

and he installed the 27.20 drivers, and no games worked for him after that time.

he went back to some 22.XX drivers, and no problems

I have a TNT2 (shudder). I tried using 27.xx drivers but they shag my system every time (even had 2 format once because of it!). I use the latest drivers off nvidia's website and they work fine although i get a pityfull 6?? 3d marks in 3d mark 2001 LMAO. I have a (still bit crap) Geforce2 Ti in the post 2 me which should be a nice improvement :) but back onto subject - get the official drivers!

Kieran

where would i get 22.xx drivers? i need to have opengl, so i cant using anything but detonatorxp drivers unless there are others with opengl, this would sure help my friend out, im stuck on his olddddddd velocity 128 till my ge3 ti 200 w/tv comes... until then im bored out of my mind without quake 3!! thanks, ladr

I would highly reccomend using the 5.32 detonators. They have support for DirectX and OpenGL, but they don't have all the extra crap that only the geforce's can use, and they're really stable. I have yet to find any reason to use any of the newer versions, and have been quite happy with them in XP.

If you can't find them, send me a message, and I'll email them or something.

the wha!! 5.32s? Are you kiddin me... who would even use those now? LOL I don't even think those would install on XP unless you made a mistake :) hehe

It's no joke! I realized that things wern't going to get any better for my video card around the 6.x series of the drivers. I still periodically test out the "latest and greatest" from nvidia, only to find lower frame rates, and stability problems. I even bought into the hype surrounding better performance in windowsXP with their detonatorXP's, but it was the same old story.

Bottom line, if you have an older nvidia card (pre - geforce2) then stick with the earlier driver versions. You will gain nothing from the newer ones except a headache. :)

good point well made ponch0! I think the new detonators are good for resent cards but they try and push too much out of older cards making them unstable! Although I do think you are going slightly over the top recomending 5.32s but I would definatly say stear clear of the 27.xx leaked drivers.

Kieran