"Windows Source Code Leaked?"

Rumors abound web-wide that the Win2k and NT4 source code has been leaked and is floating around the internet. If true, it could spell trouble for Redmond and security experts alike. On the heels of a dangerous exploit this week comes a rumor than could prove downright painful. Neowin this afternoon announced that two packages containing Windows 2000 and NT4 source code were making the rounds. Slashdot soon followed up with their own mention of the rumored leak, effectively knocking Neowin off-line with traffic. So far the authenticity or extent of the leak has not been confirmed, though it does appear to be at least a portion of the code.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/38738

I haven't seen it yet, but then again I have not been looking. MyDoom is very very unlikely to be responsible. Unless M$ is stupid enough to leave source code on internet connected machines. I doubt that. If it's leaked, it's got to be internal.

i see the smoke from the rumor mill is starting to rise

I can confirm it. I found it on an IRC site ... I think it's an internal leak! Even though I think Microsoft should fix their security holes, I do feel sorry for them if this is ever compiled and used against them!

CNET News

Edited by NeoSoft

it's been confirmed...PORTIONS of the source code has leaked, this is bad...yes, but not nearly as bad as the ENTIRE source being leaked. that ...that would have been disastrous for everyone. (not just MS)

Good enough for ya? :D

good job buddy....that doesn't mean s**t .... it could be complete crap in that download, it's happened before. i hope i'm wrong, but i guess you'll know before i do. :ninja:

because of the serious implications this can have I wouldn't want to be caught in possession of this source code

already someone in the original thread said they were going to do a panic sell if their microshaft stock

and if others panic as well it can mean the loss of billions of dollars

MS stock will drop a ton tomorrow...that's barely even a question, but the investors will see that it wasn't that big of a deal and people will stop freakin out...eh, and yeah they will lose a few billion...that's ok :ninja:

I have it, and from what I am told it is real. I downloaded it since I have broadband, but I had a friend whoonly has 56k look @ it and see if it looked legit, and from what he could tell it appeared legit. 203 megs downlaoded. (I didn't look because I may want to code in the future :p)

good job buddy....that doesn't mean s**t .... it could be complete crap in that download, it's happened before. i hope i'm wrong, but i guess you'll know before i do. :ninja:

Yeh, I will only know if my m8s tell me.. they all have cable :cry: