beta requesting

hey i went to beta.microsoft.com got a request form filled it in got a email back saying im in but havnt had word of any testing i might be able to do how did you guys get to test longhorn

hey i went to beta.microsoft.com got a request form filled it in got a email back saying im in but havnt had word of any testing i might be able to do how did you guys get to test longhorn

Longhorn is out of the question. No one can test longhorn except exclusive pplz from wut I have heard.

cool thnx also how do i start testing microsoft software im a tester but havnt been asigned anything yet

ok i just hate waiting i want to start testing

also how long did it take for you to get your first assignment

I was invited onto the Windows ME beta testing program then 2000 followed by XP after being involved with trying to get hardware certified for the Windows Logo Program. I wouldn't call ME a small project ;)

The beta for Longhorn isn't due to start until summer so I guess beta invites will be sent sometime on May or June.

cool thnx also how do i start testing microsoft software im a tester but havnt been asigned anything yet
filing a betareq doesnt make you a tester.
ok i just hate waiting i want to start testing

they don't want anyone testing until it's feature complete. if it would be, people would be testing now, but they arent.

• 2 weeks later...

Filling out a a beta request form puts you on file until they are ready for you to test something. And as said before you usually have to start small. Example..For me I had to start out with Windows Messenger 5, MSI Installer 3, Office 2003 and now XP Service Pack 2. Just because you filled out the request doesdn't mean you'll get into tha "Big" beta. There most likely going to pick people from previous operating system and service pack test :D

Ive done win95, 98, me, 2000, xp, 2003 server, office 97, 2000, xp and 2003. Once you get in they have you test everything.