NeoMac?

I don't think people are really facinated with MAC I think they just like the type of icons and design of there gui. I bet if they were offered a Mac for there Computer they wouldnt trade

Originally posted by Mike11212  

I don't think people are really facinated with MAC I think they just like the type of icons and design of there gui. I bet if they were offered a Mac for there Computer they wouldnt trade

MAC only good at GUI and graphic manipulation but it not so good at office enviroment and games. Windows is still the first choice, but its stability always make people crazy.. damn...

Appreciate both.

Both evironments have their good points and bad points. A lot of the bad points on the Mac have gone away rapidly with 10.1x. The OS is stable, looks great, applications are full of features and gaming has improved 10-fold.

Mac OS X.1x could more than be used in an office environment. Shoot, MS Office X for the Mac is way better than Office XP for the PC.

WinXP is the best Windows release from MS. Tons of features, interface is clean and stabilty is good.

Personally I have both. I use my G4 more than my 1GHz Intel-based machine, but I am happy with having both available.

Shame on you Timan! I'd expect better from you. Especially since I know how you abuse you're Operating Systems... ;)

I see it like this; Apple hardware + Mac OSX (Mac) vs. PC Hardware+ WindowsXP (PC) is an easy comparison.

1.) They both create graphics equally well. This hasn't always been the case. Mac's have far excedded the PC market for a long time. Yet today not only can I display and edit Mac created graphics on a PC, I can do it without a loss of quality. And, if someone knows what they're doing, to maintain the same standards that have been set by Macs when creating graphic content on the PC.

2.) Megahertz isn't everything, but it's something. While CPU clock rate is only part of the speed equation, it's still a part of it. AMD seems to be turning down the Motorola path by increasing pipeline size vs. clock rates (not to mention a slew of other optimizations that Mac chips have over Intel), but even moving a smaller amount of data at higher rates can acheive comparable processing power. There are so many factors that come into play here it would take forever to go into, but bottom line;

when you sit down on a sys with an AMD 2000XP, Intel P4 2.2 ghz, or a Motorola 1 ghz, they respond with an unnoticable difference in speed.

3.) PC's have more software available. Well, maybe true (we have to discount Linux freeware because each system type can run the same linux apps...so that balances out), but...does the PC offer anything more useful than whats available for Macs? Not really. A Mac can do anything a PC can do application wise.

4.) Mac hardware is a higher quality. For the most part. Yet if you take the same money and buy equivilant PC hardware, the PC looks pretty damn sharp. Sony WideScreen monitors that compare to flat panels, custom German tower cases that look more like art than a beige (puke) box. Top quality PC hardware is out there, it just takes some searching.

and on, and on, and on...

I say Macs have established themselves as the Mercedes convertables of the computing world. Sleek, fine tuned machines that are top quality. PC's are the sports utility vehicle, occassionally they come with leather seats, but most of the time mom is using it to haul the kids around. Both excel at what they do(unless MS pulls office from Mac this July...bad joke), both break down from time to time, and both serve a purpose. Where's the conflict?

But that's just an opinion. I can't wait to hear the flames...

Now Timan, scourge of the OS, is the REAL difference. I'd wager whichever one of his systems he's using (hes a 1button Macboy that has a sometimes working PC), the other companies stock is going up...

dont think many ppl would like the idea (lotsa ppl are anti mac), n i love my pc....but unable to shut down anymore cept when i press the button when i restart it or press the button for so long to shut it down (i know its not good for the pc lol)